• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Rant on:

... What happened to teh respect (and policy) of telling your coworkers of your leave schedule? These are adults, not teenagers. ...

OK, rant off.

Cheese "I'd fire a few of them if I could" Man

I think you have it covered right there, lack of respect. I worked next to a guy like that; it was a long row that I don't have to hoe anymore. He left with just about the same amount of notice.

My Out of Office assistant is on, my Supervisor is fully informed, and I wrote it on the In/Out board a week ago. I could have left off the last part I suppose as the Office is just a physical place they expect me to be from 8-5, but I figured the local folks might want to know ;)

Had a new washer and dryer delivered today. Wtf would the dryer not come with w a power cord

That's the thing now. There are a few different outlets for 220. You'd think they would have a universal one by now.

That's the thing now. There are a few different outlets for 220. You'd think they would have a universal one by now.

now?

Never saw a dryer that came with a cord. Always just reuse the one that was there. Plug type depends on what the circuit is rated for. Supposed to keep idiots from plugging 50A things into 30A plugs.

I have had one, but that was a few years ago and it had to be changed out.

Had a new washer and dryer delivered today. Wtf would the dryer not come with w a power cord

Because in the land of the trailer there are a million different plugs.

They've never come with a cord and the install guys won't use a used one.

now?

Never saw a dryer that came with a cord. Always just reuse the one that was there. Plug type depends on what the circuit is rated for. Supposed to keep idiots from plugging 50A things into 30A plugs.

There are a bunch of different 30A plugs too.

I guess I never thought of a dryer ever being on anything other than a 30amp circuit

The house we lived in 10 years ago had 50A plugs on every 220 circuit and the circuits were 30A.

now?

For the cost of a cord, I'd use a new one. A bad cord caused me to replace a dryer once. I didn't think a 10 ga cord could fail. But, When the new dryer lit up the wire in the flexible exhaust hose like a toaster wire, I knew why the old dryer didn't work.

Usually the salesman asks if you want the installer to bring a new cord.

Re: Re: Important

now?

I'm on the third dryer with the same cord

Michigan has yummy beers.

0aecd0c3eecab567fde69e8ac881c419.jpg

Back