• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I just changed the 5.9 to liability...with 240k we wouldn't get much for it anyways...

Same for the 96 f250

mac 'we have more vehicles than people' gyvr

My wifes Envoy has full coverage, My Ranger has Comprehensive, The Jeep has liability, And the S10 has liability.
Im in the same boat has Mac. Different vehicle for the number of work days in a week.
5 total.
93 ZJ unplated/broken

For the guys with a trail only rig... what do you do for insurance? I know some events require insurance, but messing with putting liability on and off seems like a big hassle...

My trail rig is insured Liability only with a yearly mileage limit. As a third vehicle it costs practicality nothing. I have spoken to my insurance guy and it is possible to buy short duration (week or weekend) policies only when it is necessary. But that seems like a hassle to deal with before and after every wheeling trip.

Mine is still plated with liability. I still drive it quite often. Might as well not insure it in no-fault Michigan but I can't afford full on that and the WJ and the law is the law..

My XJ carries full coverage, as does my 2000 K2500 with 240k. It isn't that much more per month, and I don't have cash in the bank or room in the budget for a car payment tomorrow if I wreck something.

DD and trail rig get liability. Tow rig gets full coverage so that if I'm pulling a new vehicle home or someone else's vehicle, it would be covered as well.

At least that's what the agent said. It books at 3k and my deductible is 1k, so it's kind of a waste if I ever need to make a claim.

Interested.

Can't find out much information about it, is there a local forum where the details are?

Do you have to join IFWDA to go? Looks like it

Are you going? Yes. (10 minutes from my house)

mac 'definitely a maybe' gyvr

Looks like it's the 12th instead. (whoops) It costs $25 per adult and an additional $35 if you are NOT and IFWDA member or do not belong to a club that is.

http://www.ifwda.org/

One trail rig related insurance lesson I learned the hard way:

Get trailer insurance! It is very cheap and your not really covered by homeowners if something happens (like theft) to the trailer while not sitting in your garage.

Re: Re: Important

One trail rig related insurance lesson I learned the hard way:

Get trailer insurance! It is very cheap and your not really covered by homeowners if something happens (like theft) to the trailer while not sitting in your garage.

I have my trailer insured for 3000 dollars, it cost me 16 dollars a year. Just after I bought the trailer it was hit by a car while driving down the road. I got a pay out from the insurance company that paid for over half of my trailer

For the guys with a trail only rig... what do you do for insurance? I know some events require insurance, but messing with putting liability on and off seems like a big hassle...

Sam's jeep is plated and insured but since she doesn't drive it at all really I keep it insured as a pleasure vehicle (under a certain mileage limit) and it costs me under 25 a month

Looks like it's the 12th instead. (whoops) It costs $25 per adult and an additional $35 if you are NOT and IFWDA member or do not belong to a club that is.

http://www.ifwda.org/

The 12th is better, after I put the other date on the calendar I realized it was Easter...wife was not to thrilled.

You going?

mac 'do those forums work on their site?' gyvr

Back