• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

ny3ahana.jpg

Guess I'm a pussy

That's gone, and so is he.

We will never deal with him in the future

Right now I have liability only on my XJ, once I lift it, put bigger tires, bumpers, etc. should I go back to full coverage? It was only $100 difference per six months. For now, the only time I will even be driving it is to get it out of the garage and put a mile or so on it and back into the garage. Once I lift, it will be driven to Badlands and other parks at least once a month.

Right now I have liability only on my XJ, once I lift it, put bigger tires, bumpers, etc. should I go back to full coverage? It was only $100 difference per six months. For now, the only time I will even be driving it is to get it out of the garage and put a mile or so on it and back into the garage. Once I lift, it will be driven to Badlands and other parks at least once a month.

ask your insurance agent if they'll cover damage that's not on a road.

I am not worried about damage not on a road, that means time to upgrade and fix. More about driving to and from the parks and if someone hits me.

Oh, you know she likes wheeling when she notices other lifted XJ's and asks if ours will be like that.

Capture.JPG

I am not worried about damage not on a road, that means time to upgrade and fix. More about driving to and from the parks and if someone hits me.

Oh, you know she likes wheeling when she notices other lifted XJ's and asks if ours will be like that.

then why would an accident on the road not also be an opportunity to do the same?

if someone hits you and it's not your fault they will pay anyhow.
unless you live in a stupid no fault state.

Pretty sure Indiana isn't a no fault state, I think Florida is because I heard a friend complain about it. Until August it will stay liability only because it won't be lifted by then (more then likely bumpers would be put on by then though).

If you can not afford to buy a new one with the money you have in the bank, you should always have full coverage insurance on your vehicle.

You make such a good point here that im probably going to put mine back on full coverage.

Indiana is an at-fault state.

Aftermarket equipment will not be covered, unless you specifically ask them to, in which case they will ask you to determine a value and you will pay higher premiums. Insurance is all about probability and risk, they generally do not care about why you are making a claim, just how often you are making a claim.

If you don't think it's worth having full coverage now, that means you are not concerned about wrecking your vehicle today. I wouldn't bother with making sure my aftermarket parts are covered. Instead I would be far more concerned about having a vehicle to get to work with, rather than having the money to rebuild a toy.

Also, if you have been wheeling it and you make a damage claim, they are going to mark all of the existing off-road damage as "prior" and adjust the pre-loss value of the vehicle accordingly. Which will mean you probably won't get crap for it.

I have a go to work vehicle (2009 Honda Accord), which is why my XJ is now liability only.

Re: Re: Important

If you can not afford to buy a new one with the money you have in the bank, you should always have full coverage insurance on your vehicle.

You are supposed to have money in the bank?

89"always broke"Laredo

Back