• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

The price he just mentioned gave me sticker shock... (600)
Looks like good tread though.
I'm still looking, need to do my taxes.
esesa5aq.jpg

Have fun when bonjour get's hosed up ;)
Macs get virii, they exist in the wild, and nothing is immune to Java attacks, not even linux machines.,
My 4 year old laptop on a stripped down linux is likely faster than your mac you paid a large sum for.

the root of your issue is your router though.
buy the airport, trust me. Once you drink the apple koolaid you're into it all the way if you want things to work properly. See the bonjour comment above for the reason why you should own the airport. wireless printer+non apple router=problems in snow leopard.

i'd love to run a linux machine...no frills = no bs...but there isn't really good software to do what i need them to do. the remote software for most of the digital consoles i use on a weekly basis is only available on a mac or pc :( i also have yet to find an audio editor that will do what i need it to do. plus my computer is tax deductible because i am an independent contractor. like i said, right now this is my only problem and if i have to buy an airport, then so be it. ive run it on hundreds of networks at various times, and so far this is the only one that has given me an issue.

the reason i bought the wife a chromebook is so that if the software craps out, it actually can be converted into a linux machine fairly easily. granted, i've only read this online and have never done it...but for $200 it was worth a shot. so far its stable as can be though

just checked my new work email address...weird. haven't had a work associated email address in 7 years. i think its going to be strange getting used to this again. i haven't had a full time job since 2006 and the idea of it sounds both lovely and scary as hell to me. my direct supervisor seems very cool...no bs, straight shooter. i would much rather have that then someone who is passive aggressive or talks behind my back. my buddy who's job i am taking has a very similar temperament and work ethic when compared to me and he absolutely loves working with her, so i think its going to be a great fit.

I'm inquiring into the methods used on the frakenspare... Any information would be useful, thanks...

99SJ 'Frakenspare Jr for fun' Ex

just gave a signed purchase agreement to a kid to take to the bank. once i have the check the subie is SOLD...

ill miss the car, but i won't miss the payment or the insurance charge every month

Policy says it has to. I can get in trouble for parking it in the garage.

mac 'neighborhood associations love them in the driveways' gyvr

Policy says it has to. I can get in trouble for parking it in the garage.

mac 'neighborhood associations love them in the driveways' gyvr
I can understand the liability, insurance issue. Just doesn't look like you would be ready to roll, if need be.

Impala or the Caprice police cruiser?

I need to reassess how I have things shedded......one of teh sheds has my father in laws ski boat and his moms pontoon boat in it..total value of maybe $10K for both combined...my $70K tractor is currently sitting outside in the elements....BUT..my 69 Chevy project is nice and toasty in aclimate controlled shop at my house :D

Back