• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Who needs sway bars.... Hacked those mounts off for the Currie System... The real question is do I need a steering stabilizer, or can I hack that off too??

Who needs sway bars.... Hacked those mounts off for the Currie System... The real question is do I need a steering stabilizer, or can I hack that off too??

When i swapped the chezz axle in it didn't have a mount for the stabilizer, i was nervous at first but it rode straight and no death wobble. ive heard those referred to as band aids so if all your steering is good you should be fine. ditch it.

And witnessed driver failure on the way down to lunch. Followed a sedan onto a ramp, watched her start to spin....and rather than drive through it, she slams on the brakes and makes it worse, ends up almost crosswise on the ramp.

Remember kids, always hit the brakes, cuz SPEED KILLS. :rolleyes:

You don't need it, as long as your steering and suspension are good.

Last edited:
Theres your problem

youre right, being able to print from most printers without drivers, not getting viruses and having a 2 year old computer that it still faster than all my friends pc's sucks a lot ;)

im not a mac snob by any means, it just works way better for audio and video recording/editing. most audio devices that i use are plug and play on this machine...when i used the same devices on pc's, its generally 2-3 hours of setup and trouble shooting. i liked my old pc a lot, but in my line of work speed is very important.

i will try to get on the routers remotely to see if i can access them. i can fix it every time by unplugging the power on the wireless router and plugging it back in, then re connecting. sometimes i have to open a new browser window, but it works every time. i don't know if there is an ip isuse or what with my router. just started a few weeks ago and we've owned this router for a few years.

Anyone remember two years ago?
DSCF0186.jpg

Time flies...
View attachment 4096

mac 'feels like its been 20 years sometimes' gyvr

I was there. Happy anniversary Mac and Grace!

Throw the stabilizer away. I really want an anti-rock for my rig. Say what you will but i like having a swaybar for those holy chit moments!

i think i have the subie sold...:crossesfingers:

in other news...the j10 isn't sold and looks like it will make the trip to new jersey sometime in the next year. i think i can fit the j10 frame, box, cab and our other boxes of stuff in a 16 ft box truck and tow the manche behind it...it will be a heavy load, but im sure it will be alright :)

Most minor trails. Can't be scared of dents though. Watch the board for the cleanup run post, that's a good way to ease into Redbird trails.

Will do, Hopefully it isn't on a Saturday when I already have plans.

Don't look like retreads to me, but I could be wrong.

As an aside, I've been beating on / wheeling my 33" retreads since '10 and no issues yet. The only tire failure I've had was entirely my fault, I backed up over a 4.0 block sitting in the yard and tore a giant hole in a sidewall.

youre right, being able to print from most printers without drivers, not getting viruses and having a 2 year old computer that it still faster than all my friends pc's sucks a lot ;)

im not a mac snob by any means, it just works way better for audio and video recording/editing. most audio devices that i use are plug and play on this machine...when i used the same devices on pc's, its generally 2-3 hours of setup and trouble shooting. i liked my old pc a lot, but in my line of work speed is very important.

i will try to get on the routers remotely to see if i can access them. i can fix it every time by unplugging the power on the wireless router and plugging it back in, then re connecting. sometimes i have to open a new browser window, but it works every time. i don't know if there is an ip isuse or what with my router. just started a few weeks ago and we've owned this router for a few years.

Have fun when bonjour get's hosed up ;)
Macs get virii, they exist in the wild, and nothing is immune to Java attacks, not even linux machines.,
My 4 year old laptop on a stripped down linux is likely faster than your mac you paid a large sum for.

the root of your issue is your router though.
buy the airport, trust me. Once you drink the apple koolaid you're into it all the way if you want things to work properly. See the bonjour comment above for the reason why you should own the airport. wireless printer+non apple router=problems in snow leopard.

I was gonna put beads in them instead of regular balancing... We will see what the look like.
Right now I'm looking for CHEAP and bigger than 31. Lol

It is snowing here, expecting 1-2". Weather team will probably go full stupid and hold viewers hands because of "the storm".

I was gonna put beads in them instead of regular balancing... We will see what the look like.
Right now I'm looking for CHEAP and bigger than 31. Lol

I run beads in them, 8oz keeps me good up to about 65-70mph... They will get hella loud when they wear down... Watch the tread and make sure it doesn't start splitting down the middle...

99SJ 'This all sounds so familiar.... :p 'Ex

Back