• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

You don't want to press charges? Why? She blatantly stole from you. There isn't a lower form of life on the planet than a thief. I wish we chopped hands off in this country for crap like that.

You don't press charges she will think she got away with it and she will do it again. I'd make sure they threw whatever book they had at her then I might throw a couple myself.

I effin HATE thieves. HATE them!!!!!

I woke up and contacted the credit card company and am going forward with it. They credited me the difference and are talking to the owner of the bar. I also called up the chief of police and had a nice chat with him. What bothers me the most is the bartender grew up in the same town as me, about 1 square mile. I didnt think I was that much of an ass growing up.

Open to suggestion. What's close to you that works? I've got a pretty flexible schedule today.

I 'don't get out much' up here so I don't know whats really around other than there's a Green Mill at the Century Ave Exit on 94 but then that's prob too far for you... If I can get the wheels, spacers, and steering on the Jeep in a good time, I might just cut out early whenever we decide what time we're meeting...

HEY...someone computer savvy...my computer will work on our wireless router at home for about an hour, then it quits working. still is connected to the router, but no interweb connectivity. sometimes if i turn my airport off (mac) and turn it on it will reconnect asap and work fine for a while, but most of the time it will just timeout on the network. the computer works fine on every other network and never gets booted off like that. wifes computer has no issues. even when mine loses net access, hers keeps going (chromebook). we have a d-link wireless n router connected to an rca cable modem...if there is an answer to this, you can pm me if you'd like. its starting to annoy me. we are taking this router to nyc with us so it would be nice if it just worked all the time!

Century Ave on I-94? A bit of a hike, but my schedule might be a little more open than yours. If I was really evil, I'd suggest Barley John's.

Traffic at the moment doesn't look too bad.

Century Ave on I-94? A bit of a hike, but my schedule might be a little more open than yours. If I was really evil, I'd suggest Barley John's.

Traffic at the moment doesn't look too bad.

If you know of something in Maplewood, that be perfect?

Not sure, really. Probably less than a dozen restaurants I've hit during lunch and they're either right here at Lexington & I694, or down in Roseville close to the mall.

Crud. Normally, I head for lunch between 11:30 and noon. I've got a good opportunity to slide in an infrastructure application upgrade today, and one of the backups is taking far longer than I expected. I may not be able to slide out for lunch.

Well shit... Pres of the teachers union just sent a msg saying we are not required to show up on snow days.... Would have been nice to know, but I still would have come in to work on the Jeep...

Crud. Normally, I head for lunch between 11:30 and noon. I've got a good opportunity to slide in an infrastructure application upgrade today, and one of the backups is taking far longer than I expected. I may not be able to slide out for lunch.

Let me know, I guess I'm not 'required' to be here today...

You guys talking about moving snow off your driveways are funny. All I drive are jeeps, and my DD has a locker, if it's less than 2 feet deep I drive over that shit a few times and it's all good.

HEY...someone computer savvy...my computer will work on our wireless router at home for about an hour, then it quits working. still is connected to the router, but no interweb connectivity. sometimes if i turn my airport off (mac) and turn it on it will reconnect asap and work fine for a while, but most of the time it will just timeout on the network. the computer works fine on every other network and never gets booted off like that. wifes computer has no issues. even when mine loses net access, hers keeps going (chromebook). we have a d-link wireless n router connected to an rca cable modem...if there is an answer to this, you can pm me if you'd like. its starting to annoy me. we are taking this router to nyc with us so it would be nice if it just worked all the time!
Can you get to the config page for the wireless router when it's acting up? How about the config/status page for the modem? The wireless router config page will probably be at the gateway IP for your LAN - i.e. take your LAN IP from the laptop and replace the last .xxx with .1, the cablemodem config/status page could be basically anywhere in RFC1918 space depending on brand and your ISP's setup. Most are on 192.168.100.1, it seems RCA likes to use http://192.168.100.1/moreInfo.html as their config page.

If you can get to the cable modem config page but not the internet, it is the modem and/or cable company's fault.

If you can get to the router config page but not the modem, it is something between the router and the modem or one of them...

If you cannot get to the router config page, it's something about the router or your laptop.

Can you keep existing connections open, like AIM/SSH, and new connections just start failing after a while? If so, it's likely something to do with your ISP having bad DNS infrastructure and your wife's computer caching DNS for longer than yours does. I got tired of Charter's DNS being a pile of crap and told my router to simply use 4.2.2.4 and 8.8.8.8 as the DNS servers, this also fixed their stupid mistyped URL redirection advertising that was annoying me a lot.

Re: Re: Important

You guys talking about moving snow off your driveways are funny. All I drive are jeeps, and my DD has a locker, if it's less than 2 feet deep I drive over that shit a few times and it's all good.

I got tired of Charter's DNS being a pile of crap and told my router to simply use 4.2.2.4 and 8.8.8.8 as the DNS servers, this also fixed their stupid mistyped URL redirection advertising that was annoying me a lot.
These
But charter =tds

Back