• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Funny I was thinking that. I know they used both pass and drivers drops depending on years and what Tcase they had but I have no clue what comes out of what.

Older ones are pass drop.....quadratracs have pass drop front and rear. There are wide and narrow tracks as well, pre 1981? jeeps are a touch narrower.

My dad's 1955 Willys is in my garage...

DSCF0492.jpg

mac 'keeps telling me that we are going to get it going someday' gyvr

Some conversations are so much better without you being involved.

Thanks though smart arse!

Well, I mean a quick google search would have figured it out and I wouldn't have needed to be a smartass.....:D

Carfax is spotty. The Carfax report on my 99 Dodge was spotless..... and completely missed the front end collision and the fact it had a salvage title.

Yup.. I had a truck that carfax showed a totalling accident and a salvage title. It had neither...when this all supposedly happened it was sitting in my dad's barn in storage.

I suspect that a large part of the problem with Carfax is data entry, i.e. hand entering data from other sources that's never validated.

Hmm. Take that back. No one piece windshield. Did someone add the trim on the side?

It's a 1955 I promise.

Dads owned it since he was 18...and the truck was 18...

It's been 5 or 6 colors and hasn't been on the road since the mid80s...

mac 'he wants to restore it to as close to original as possible' gyvr

An interesting read here.
http://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_willys_jeep_truck_history_specs

The part that has me confused about your dads...
"1955-1958 saw very little changes, with a few modifications to the center grille bar location, and conversion to 12-volt electrics, until 1959, when a chrome strip was added, running from the edge of the hood to the trailer edge of the door. While this new strip adopted a style similar to that of the station wagon in the years following, this look remained somewhat unchanged through the rest of production, which ended in 1964."

Back to sleeping on my own bed tonight, but if it came down to it, I would give up my bed for a friend who needed a place to sleep again. The Samaritans Purse friend who decided to make Terre Haute his home for a season (months, weeks, years?) moved into a place where he is renting a room.

Doc and Mac have a couple nice Willys...

Stood up in a wedding on Friday. The bridal party pictures really blew, but were compensated with a flask of Jameson. I finished the flask just as we got to the reception and switched to beer and various shots. I felt awesome by the end of the night.

That's my update.

An interesting read here.
http://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_willys_jeep_truck_history_specs

The part that has me confused about your dads...

I will have breakfast in the morning with him and ask him about that...my guess is its something he did at some point...

it will be a good daddy/daughter project in about 15 years.

Grandfather, son, grand daughter project in less than 10 I hope...

mac 'would love to cruise it around' gyvr

I am going to start on getting my pilots license...it just makes sense since Camilles dad has a plane. It is all pretty simple really and there is nothing to fear, except for a crash landing and death.

Cheese "and I want to hire a hot stewardess" Man

Back