• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

NAY!!!! I remember arguing with him! First thing I did to the '88 was a budget 2" lift and a lockrite in the rear and 235's. Thought I was king poop then! :D

Nay posted something about wasting a locker with tires less then 31". I came back to him with all the good points but he didn't want to hear it. :)

I believe that was near the end of '99. I see it doesn't go back prior to 2000.

Damn, that was a long time ago. Fun looking at the young NAXJA :thumbup:

And mechanics wonder why nobody trusts them...

Just got a call from a friend of mine down in the Chicago area, he just had a right front fender & hood replaced on his car. Picked it up last night, literally seconds before the shop closed, and he's got "mushy" brakes now, they feel very different than when he dropped it off. I'm wondering what kind of a runaround the shop is going to give him.

Edit: Yes, I know I'm using a very wide brush. I've got a problem when a shop sends out a vehicle in an unsafe condition.

i have two family members with cpap...both have lost weight and not had problems falling asleep at the wheel since. changed their lives for the better...so much that they cant sleep without it...

i rarely snore...even when im close to 300lbs. not saying that it won't get worse when i hit 40, but for now im about as quiet as a mouse. my wife talks on occasion...usually to me. sometimes she is mean in her sleep. i often wonder if she isn't pretending to be asleep and just saying what she really feels :)

And mechanics wonder why nobody trusts them...

Just got a call from a friend of mine down in the Chicago area, he just had a right front fender & hood replaced on his car. Picked it up last night, literally seconds before the shop closed, and he's got "mushy" brakes now, they feel very different than when he dropped it off. I'm wondering what kind of a runaround the shop is going to give him.

Edit: Yes, I know I'm using a very wide brush. I've got a problem when a shop sends out a vehicle in an unsafe condition.

So your friend gets a fender and hood replaced and now has a brake problem.
we deal with this on a daily basis, guy comes back and complains about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the job we preformed.

why just the other day we painted a front bumper cover on a car and when he picked it up the check engine light was on. of coarse we did something to that car to mess it up.

So your friend gets a fender and hood replaced and now has a brake problem.
we deal with this on a daily basis, guy comes back and complains about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the job we preformed.

why just the other day we painted a front bumper cover on a car and when he picked it up the check engine light was on. of coarse we did something to that car to mess it up.
Not quite. His brakes were just fine before he dropped his car off at the body shop. The damage was the result of a couple of hit and runs a couple of weeks earlier. He noted the change in brakes as soon as he left the body shop.

Pic fixed.

Looks like $20K is the final number, it is supposed to be back this week.....then right to a dealer for a trade.

Rev

having it fixed then trading it in on something else?

if so that's a good idea. i see stuff here fixed that i would never want to drive afterward.

carfax is your friend.....

I know when we get ready to buy new chore trucks, we wont trade in our old ones b/c they are so worn out and trashed. We usually take the bale beds off and put over on another truck and sell it as a parts vehicle to an individual or someone we know. I would feel guilty selling one of them to a dealer for a spit shine job and to be passed off to someone else....

Cheese "3 owner 69 Chevy-carfax certified" Man

Carfax is spotty. The Carfax report on my 99 Dodge was spotless..... and completely missed the front end collision and the fact it had a salvage title.

My new project.
8139498204_53d66cda27_c.jpg

My dad started doing the body work about 30 years ago. Spent most nights after work heating and shrinking and straightening the metal then just give up. It's got a bunch of surface rust coming through the primer but I don't think it will be too bad to get rid of.

Dare you to try and shift through all nine forward gears or...18 if you count low range.
8139499514_d15622defe_c.jpg

Cool old gauges.
8139469519_1273446bd6_c.jpg

So I got to put a steering column in it. This one is way too long. My dad converted it to power steering and the wheel rubs your belly.
8139499114_b0a912d243_c.jpg

I also need to put modern axles under it and convert the brakes to a power booster. Anyone know what has a pass side drop axle that is about 59-61 inches wide?
Rest of the photos are here. I'll add more as I work on this project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/docmoab/sets/72157631890367671/

Back