• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hemenechi's Jeep Cherokee

next is waiting for my CB to come in the mail to get that in there. then make a list of all the tools, gear and spare parts I should have before i start really wheeling this thing. i will also be making the 2nd part of my front bumper mount at some point that will tie in with the existing mounting setup

i got a NP231 out of a 4cyl YJ for it for $40 i know about the whole clocking thing but this is the cheapest i could find a 231 then doing an SYE (hack & tap or real sye dont know yet). thinking of getting a 96+ tail housing for it if i go the hack & tap route.

Basically just collecting parts threw out the winter

Did some work this weekend cuz it was so nice out on the Jeep.

Went from this....
DSC00854_zps7b61a619.jpg

To this
DSC00858_zpsa87d4299.jpg

Got the diff cover on!
DSC00855_zps7df4ba14.jpg

Drop pitman arm
DSC00863_zpsc2ed2717.jpg

got some plans for this junk steering. but thats not for a while.
DSC00857_zps54931dac.jpg

got my CB antenna all done!

I actualy have the anenna going threw the light not....

I know it was from one of your old posts, but what brand/PN/where did you get that downpipe.

The drop Pittman arm will help keep the tie rod ends from maxing out under flex. But you will need to lower the frame side track bar mount or raise the axle side mount to match the angle of the drag link. For an Ideal steering/suspension setup.

No need for the drop pittman arm, it will just mess up your steering geometry.

keep the tie rod ends from maxing is positive I see from doing it. Honestly it runs turns and no "death wobble" goes straight down the road fine! so I don't see how its really that much of a negative there is from it?

keep the tie rod ends from maxing is positive I see from doing it. Honestly it runs turns and no "death wobble" goes straight down the road fine! so I don't see how its really that much of a negative there is from it?

Bumpsteer... You will have if.

Your TB and draglink need to be parallel, if the drop pitman arm changes this, them there will be issues.

it has been a few months of driving around i have no bump steer. no "death wobble" no pulling to one side. it just goes smooth and straight. guess im just lucky or or maybe other peoples steering is more hacked?

Ever get a lot of suspension movement at speed? That's when you will get bumpsteer.

Back