• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help me build a 3" lift for my 97

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I want to start building a 3"-3.5" lift for my xj... I am on a budget so I just wanted to build it with parts from various vendors and hopefully making it possible that I can reuse some of the parts for if I ever decide to go 4.5" later(I prolly will after my bronco is done)

Alrighty so I can figure out how to get the back lifted, but my real question is what do I need for the front other then coils and new shocks?
Also can I get away with a t-case drop on 3-3.5" of lift with my 97?
I have a full time 4wd setting on my t-case... does this matter?

I searched for this so sorry if its been asked a zillion times befor but I could not find it.

Thanks
Chad

its probably going to be cheaper and easier in the long run just to buy a rubicon express 3.5" lift. by the time you piece together components (new not used) your going to spend about the same + a little more headache. but if you gotta do it on your own budget for these:

coils
add a leaf's
ubolts
shocks (maybe even bar pin elims)
yj brakelines
lower control arms (not absolutely needed with 3")
extended swaybar links, or swaybar disconnects
alignment

and on down the slippery slope:
gears + lockers since your in there
tires & wheels
bumpstops

I will just do gears later because I am planning on upgrading to 4.5-5" next year sometime after my 74 bronco is done.
Thanks for the help

Back