• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hell yea earthquake!!!!

Sure as shit surprised the hell outta me. I was moving my bike to go out to lunch and the roll up door next to me just started bouncin and bangin. At first I expected a car to come through it.

I was welding underneath my rig, didn't feel a thing. Wife called frantic saying stuff was shaking all over the house here in Ventura, I am a few miles away at the shop and nothing even fell over here but the wife was pretty shook up, no pun intended:)
glad everybody is ok..back to work, got a few more jackstands in place now just in case.

I was loading a set of dies in a huge press brake, and the guy that was helping me dropped his side and ran. I almost got mad, but then I just laughed at him.

ah you werent here for Nothridge... that was crazy. I was in like 3th grade when that hit and it scared the shit outta me.

swbooking said:
ah you werent here for Nothridge... that was crazy. I was in like 3th grade when that hit and it scared the shit outta me.

yup... i was 11 and it changed me forever....something about not being able to control your future scares the hell out of me... wierd.

If my job wasnt based in CA (Hollywood), i would GTFO of california specifically because of the earthquakes... give me tornados, blizzards, hurricanes anyday.

JOe

haha i'd way rather be in an earthquake then a tornado. Fcuk that.

swbooking said:
haha i'd way rather be in an earthquake then a tornado. Fcuk that.
me too, ive been in a tornado.

hell, no matter where you go there's something thats gunna get ya. floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, blizzards. i'd rather have earthquakes.

I got the best story FTW
I work in Ontario right next to the railroad tracks
So I go into the bathroom and begin my piss when it hit...lots of fun, good thing my pants where already down I though it was the train derailing into us.

haha threeth is a number damn it... :D

I was down at Capo Ford, getting ready to go to lunch with Rich. I was in the men's room when it hit. I didn't feel a darn thing. :(

Back