• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head count & vehicle count

2 person

1 Grape

Are any friends with stock non-xj vehicles allowed? (Nissan Xterra)

I'd say all are welcome. As to whether there's something they'll want to run in their rig--have they wheeled before? Do they have street tires or AT/MTs? Any rock rails or any armor? Do they care about damage? What are they looking for out of the weekend? Will they be butt-hurt if someone says "sure they're welcome; we can always use winching practice!"? :laugh3:

There should be a "Bunny trail" run that I did in a stock XJ with 4 teens and a 75lb dog in it a few years ago; I only had to empty the other beings out of my rig once (and have 2 guys stand on my drivers side rock rails to get me to clear one rock I was stuck on). Even then, I think there was a bypass I chose not to take.

That being said, there's a lakebed full of bomb craters to nosedive into at high speed & destroy your front suspension & air bags while tossing your rack & spare off your roof (right, Kyung?); there's a huge sand dune; there's flat desert with a dirt-road full of whoops; there are areas all over to explore, and to hike around on. And lots of shenanigans to hang out and laugh at or be amazed at. I have been to JV 4 or 5 times, and always enjoy it, and have not driven a lifted vehicle on a trail there yet, except for bits of Bullfrog last Spring.

Come one, come all!

i have no idea what this is, but i have an XJ, live in SoCal, and want to smash my rig on rocks...as long as i can drive home because its my DD
ohnoes.gif

LOL I am a day late and a dollar short :p... I just started to read about this tonight :p.

I will talk this over with my wife. My rig is in pain atm, not sure if I can get it ready in time or not. I would like to check this out and meet some more NAXJA people :).

I will post again after I talk this out with the wife in morning before church heh.

As it stands though it would be:

2 adults
2 boys
1 teen (better make him two adult spots just kidding lol)

My 1990 XJ and or wife's YJ and or my truck with camper not sure yet :).

If I am able to make it out would be happy to help however needed.

i have no idea what this is, but i have an XJ, live in SoCal, and want to smash my rig on rocks...as long as i can drive home because its my DD
ohnoes.gif

Johnson Valley is a very large OHV area in the middle of the desert. No facilities of any kind but plenty of opportunity for wheeling and exploring. There will be a bunch of people in XJ's and other rigs wheeling and enjoying themselves. It's a great place to meet people if you're new.

1 XJ
2 adults
3 kids

2 knives

1 tow rig
2 childish adults
3 total vehicles
4 sharp knives
5 golden rings

Cute, Cal!! Let me know when you get up to bringing the drummers, pipers, or lords!!

Cute, Cal!! Let me know when you get up to bringing the drummers, pipers, or lords!!

I am a King does that count, and I will be bring five. :clap:

1 some kind of vehicle
2 misfits

1 loud camp away from everyone else
:rolleyes:
I am trying to make it..If i do, i'll have to stay over by you grimm, i hear they don't like guns..I am always locked and loaded..Don't leave home without them.. I'll tell the wife to leave hers at home, she may have PMS that weekend:wow:..She hates everybody..LOL:wave:

Back