• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

It's not my mj it is jenn's mj

you just broke my heart.

I hope you plan on keeping your XJ and atleast building that. even if its just a light duty rig. if not then who else is going to catch all my super obscure quotes and watch diary of a wimpy kid with me. oh and how pumped are you that there coming out with a sequel?

Oh and i hope that was one hell of a quad!

But on a serious note i want to try and keep it as xj looking as possible.

LOL... what XJ? He changes vehicles MORE than he changes his undies.

d312b4ad-06a3-464f-8e8f-bdcd346d0b2c.png

one last one jordan?

Its a space station.

Yeah, the XJ is gone too .... I'm currently very much in the market for a family wheeler .... but anyway, this is your thread.

If you chop it, will you be putting a tailgate on it?

Im nkt sure yet about the tailgate. If i can find a way to make it work nice. Then maybe. I might just biuld a tube gate.

Who needs a tailgate? Its just another thing to get dented up when you back into another tree...;) besides, that way you can throw all of your trash into someone elses Jeep (it might fall out of yours!!)

None. I havent even been in the tent for a few weeks. I got some argon so i was going to start doing the stiffeners. But im having a hard time finding an adapter to connect the regulator to the special hose adapter that foruney uses.

And ive been broke as hell lately. Works really slow. I havent worked a 40hr week in over a month. So i cant even stock up on sweet parts.

whoo! i think I just bought the adapter I needed from Fastenal.com so maybe the next time I get laid off for a day or two Ill start installing my stiffys

and you better never fix that robot dick I shoved in your back tube!

so Pizza fest got me all Super motivated so I finished stripping my drivers side frame rail and got the stiffener heldup to it. and I see how bashed in the rail is is going to fug up how the stiffener is going to seat against the rail. so I made so relief cuts and I figure after I get it tacked/partialy welded on Ill beat the parts I cut with a hammer to make them fit better then weld them too.

no pics because Im lazy.

also the piece for my welder came and either I dont understand how fitting sizes work or they sent me the wrong part. so still no mig setup. im really getting frustrated with this dumb shib.

I ordered this [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]1/2" Male Tube JIC 37[DEG] x 5/8" Male Straight Thread O-Ring Boss Steel Connector

and its 13/16 on one side and 11/16 on the other
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Post some pics up of the fitting, I've spent a lot of time going crosseyed in fitting bins, maybe I can help.

GSD fool, you better be here with that toilet for Memorial Day weekend, no excuses!

post up as much info as you have on what connector you need. I stock thousands of them at work and hydraulics is what i do all day. I can get you a free one and mail it down.

thats the problem. Im not totally sure what I need.

here are the two sides I basically have to connect but Id like to skip the hose and go straight. from the regulator to this gehy adapter I have to use with my welder.

2013-01-22_22-14-46_612.jpg

the ID of the gehy adapter is 1/2"

and the ID of the regulator is 5/8" and I think 16 threads per inch.

I thought a 5/8 to 1/2 male to male would work but then I get this POS in the mail and Im all confused. Its probably because one side is an O-ring boss fitting. but idk why that would make it so much bigger then 5/8?

so I went to a welding shop looking for a fitting that would work. and they basically looked at me and said in a round about way, that I should have bought a big name brand welder from them and that they couldn't help me.

I checked a bunch of other places loews, tractor supply, home depot again, even my local plumbing supply place. no luck.

so I took the silver part off on the brass cap shown here

2013-01-22_22-14-46_612.jpg

and it turns out its 1/4 28 threads. so I opened up the brass end of the hose with a drill bit, and threaded it. ended up with this

2013-01-27_14-31-51_245.jpg

now Im going to back out and see how welding with gas is like.

Back