• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

what's that fitting for, the shield gas supply line? I think that fitting is intended to screw directly into a gas bottle regulator fitting.

Not like it matters, what you set up will work fine, it's not like you're running high pressure past the regulator in this case.

what's that fitting for, the shield gas supply line? I think that fitting is intended to screw directly into a gas bottle regulator fitting.

im sure it is, but its some weird, probably metric, thread and I cant find an adapter to make it work with my regulator.

i had managed to figure out its a m16 size, but I couldent find anything that had the right TPI.

im sure it is, but its some weird, probably metric, thread and I cant find an adapter to make it work with my regulator.

i had managed to figure out its a m16 size, but I couldent find anything that had the right TPI.

Always remember what a great man once told me, "A crossed thread is a tight thread"

A crossed thread with enough tef-tape (or failing that, electrical tape, duct tape, masking tape, or a big gob of dried grease) on it is definitely a tight thread.

well its not cross threaded. I tapped it for the correct threads.

I think they(forney) used some odd thread to force you to buy their regulator. but they can go fug themselves cause I got around it.

so I got about the first third of my driver side stiffener welded on. Its crazy how different the welder feels/ reacts when using gas.

the wire speed seems to matter alot more. also Im working it alot harder because the solid wire burns so much cooler. I had to turn the heat up all the way, and I have to go pretty slow.

here are some pics

100_0844_zps0123b236.jpg

100_0849_zps8cdf620d.jpg

here you can see where I bashed in my frame rail. so I made some relief cuts and beat it with a hammer.

100_0853_zpsff7e5448.jpg

another spot
100_0860_zps336e6386.jpg

100_0861_zps17f07a46.jpg

100_0868_zps84933a2f.jpg

sweet bottle jack :thumbup:

something about this picture makes me feel right at home :gee:

I did not fully appreciate the variety of implements being utilized here until you made me look at it again.

Bravo.

P.S. That Lionize album is pretty f'ing good dude. Especially the second half IMO. Definitely transferring it over to my iPod for when I'm skiing this week.

I did not fully appreciate the variety of implements being utilized here until you made me look at it again.

Bravo.

P.S. That Lionize album is pretty f'ing good dude. Especially the second half IMO. Definitely transferring it over to my iPod for when I'm skiing this week.

yea I thought youd like it. I love the whole thing, but I do agree the second half is the stronger of the two.

I probably wouldn't have bothered with the relief cuts and all that, but I'm lazier than you.

Looks good. You gonna do rockers too?

yea Im just scared that my welds are shib, and their just going to fall off or tear my rails in two. so the more crappy boogers I can throw at it the better.

im going to do 2x6 rockers. but I think I want to get the x member done first.

yea Im just scared that my welds are shib, and their just going to fall off or tear my rails in two. so the more crappy boogers I can throw at it the better.

im going to do 2x6 rockers. but I think I want to get the x member done first.

Next time take a look at my stiffeners. They were like the third thing I welded up on my MJ :laugh:

Nice, get going. You've only got 4 months before the memorial day weekend UJ trip.

Ugh, four months. My Jeeps gonna sit on the trailer for another three, then I'll have a month of being awesome and kicking my own ass in the driveway... then I'll go wheel, and break something unrelated to all the recent work on Saturday :D

Nice work. I'm looking to invest in a MIG welder myself. Likely in the spring. I have some floorboards that desperately need attention :gee:

Next time take a look at my stiffeners. They were like the third thing I welded up on my MJ :laugh:

whats bugging me is I had it set in my mind that I was going to have to be carefull not to blow holes in the rails, but I cant get that to happen. and its making me think im not getting enough penetration.

Nice, get going. You've only got 4 months before the memorial day weekend UJ trip.

I know. Iv had alot of time lately, but I cant afford to buy the materials I need.

Im really impressed with my self control lately, cause I actually have 2500$ but that my house down payment fund and I promised my self I wouldn't touch it. its so hard, knowing all the cool shib I could buy for my jeep!

you can live in a jeep, but you can't drive a house over rocks. Seriously though, stack up cash for a down payment...

whats bugging me is I had it set in my mind that I was going to have to be carefull not to blow holes in the rails, but I cant get that to happen. and its making me think im not getting enough penetration.

I know. Iv had alot of time lately, but I cant afford to buy the materials I need.

Im really impressed with my self control lately, cause I actually have 2500$ but that my house down payment fund and I promised my self I wouldn't touch it. its so hard, knowing all the cool shib I could buy for my jeep!

It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. Especially because you're only welding 10ga to sheetmetal, not 3/16" to sheetmetal.

No big deal, I'm in the same boat. I have about $10k sitting around for a down payment on a house. A stroked 440 with aluminum heads would be soooooooo sweet :laugh:

you can live in a jeep, but you can't drive a house over rocks. Seriously though, stack up cash for a down payment...

lol. since were on the topic of houses I showed my GF the shelves i built in my parents closet and she told me she wants a walk-in closet when we get a house. to which my response was "honey well be lucky if we have a walk-in house"

but seriously here is the house I really want. only problem is the schools are terible! and I spelled terable wrong on purpose just to emphasize how bad they are.

http://scmls.paragonrels.com/publin...ea8eb7-3237-4b4f-97eb-2cb7b3d3fa93&Report=Yes

Back