• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

It looks kick ass to me. Who cares about schools? :gee:

Listing's expired so either it sold or they gave up, not sure. But damn that's a kickass place for 140k.

It looks kick ass to me. Who cares about schools? :gee:

Listing's expired so either it sold or they gave up, not sure. But damn that's a kickass place for 140k.

yea 7.1 acres and its surrounded by undeveloped land. I drove past it a week ago and the forsale sign was still up. but im sure it will be sold by the time I have the money, especially the way work has been going.

the thing with the schools is that its fallsburg schools and south fallsburg is the crack/meth capital of the hudson vally/catskill region.

but yea the school is the only draw back.

yea 7.1 acres and its surrounded by undeveloped land. I drove past it a week ago and the forsale sign was still up. but im sure it will be sold by the time I have the money, especially the way work has been going.

the thing with the schools is that its fallsburg schools and south fallsburg is the crack/meth capital of the hudson vally/catskill region.

but yea the school is the only draw back.

Not a big deal, Ken's house is the meth capital of MA.

Not a big deal, Ken's house is the meth capital of MA.
I'm pretty sure that's Fall River or the pittsfield area. AFAIK I'm in the coke/heroin capital, apparently a lot of that crap gets run through this town because of its proximity to i84.

I can't believe the taxes on that house. $8500? No thanks. Nice place, but that's almost 3x what my taxes are.

I can't believe the taxes on that house. $8500? No thanks. Nice place, but that's almost 3x what my taxes are.

yea the taxes are a bit steep. especially considering what they are going towards.

no town water, no town waste, and shitty schools. where the fug does that money go?

yea the taxes are a bit steep. especially considering what they are going towards.

no town water, no town waste, and shitty schools. where the fug does that money go?
lol that's what I was thinking. My hometown has high taxes, but also top-notch schools. That is a fair trade in my opinion. Even moreso if you have children.

When my wife and I bought our house, we only looked at places that were under $3500 /year for taxes. Just think, every year you'd have to pay 8500 in taxes, on TOP of your mortgage.

lol that's what I was thinking. My hometown has high taxes, but also top-notch schools. That is a fair trade in my opinion. Even moreso if you have children.

When my wife and I bought our house, we only looked at places that were under $3500 /year for taxes. Just think, every year you'd have to pay 8500 in taxes, on TOP of your mortgage.

yea its about 700 amonth in taxes. pretty much doubles the mortgage payment.

indeed.

unless someone leans on the jeep while jacked up and it tips over....

Pssshhh, what idiot would do that?:shhh:

Ugh, four months. My Jeeps gonna sit on the trailer for another three, then I'll have a month of being awesome and kicking my own ass in the driveway... then I'll go wheel, and break something unrelated to all the recent work on Saturday :D

I don't care what you do, as long as you wheel with us. SO GSD FOOL!

so i GSD. well kinda

I actually had work today. drove 2 hrs to albany worked 7.5 drove 2hrs home.

but on to the jeep.

got the driver side stiff 100% tacked and 60% welded.

where the magic happens

2013-01-29_17-54-04_751.jpg

look at that it actuly looks like I know what Im doing.

2013-01-29_19-52-54_788.jpg

and then you see this and realize I dont

2013-01-29_19-52-25_746.jpg

also took a wire wheel to my tires. it worked alot better when it was 4deg out side. it ripped right through, now that its 32deg it just melts through.
100_0871_zps8ea6203e.jpg

after
100_0872_zpscb5d09c4.jpg

Those tires are still going to suck.

Try the chainsaw attachment for an angle grinder from HF, I heard it works well.

you bet. I couldn't wait to get home and get shit done!!!! this trip is going to put some pep in my step. when it comes to working on the thing

I found that chainsaw wheel your talking about, but not at HF. tthe other site wantS 50$ for it. might as well buy a groover for that price.

I want to just try a skil saw but Im afraid of going two deep or it getting hung up or something

Last edited:
Seamseal that bitch where you didn't weld it that way the water won't get inbetween.

Thanks. Yea i planed on doing that already. Im paranoid about rust. I actuly painted the rail and inside of stiffener then just cleaned near the edge and holes. Probably wont do that for the next side though. Way too much work.

Back