• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

You go back and forth with spelling my name correct and incorrect. Whats up wit dem apples?

I blame beer, and general retardation

Instead of spending an hour using photoshop .... you should have spent an hour using the angle grinder!!!

well I cant chop it untill I at least get the stiffeners and some kind of Xmember in. and even then Id probably want to get some of the cage built to ensure that when the top comes off everything stays straight.

but long before the cage is getting it on its own weight again. and Im lazy so thats going to take forever. the chop probably wont happen till after NAC-Fest.

what I want to do is some kind of cross between these two cages

100_0606.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

I like the placement of the rear tube rear the window on the orange cage, but I think the silver one would offer more protection.

also Iv been toying with the Idea of sinking half the tube into the body. kinda like Colin did on the bed of his MJ. but im not totally set on that yet.

Yeah... looks vaguely familiar...

Looks like your neighbor has already done it too (judging by the 1/2 a truck I see)... maybe he has some advice:laugh2:

You spent all that time putting the road/grass/road sign back, but didn't draw a cage??:laugh:

here you happy ANDY!

chopCagePush.jpg

Maybe something kind of like this, but with obviously bore bends. I cant believe I cant remember how to draw with vectors so you can bend the lines and shib.

this pic also shows where Im hoping to get my front axle when I push it forward.

that'll never work. You should just give up and become a hair stylist.

hahaha holy shit that's awesome

For the chop, could you consider taking off ALL of the rear sheet metal ... building the rear cage to form a type of bed, and skinning it ..... kind of like the bed on Keith's MJ.

IMG_0105.JPG

For the chop, could you consider taking off ALL of the rear sheet metal ... building the rear cage to form a type of bed, and skinning it ..... kind of like the bed on Keith's MJ.

IMG_0105.JPG

you just broke my heart.

I hope you plan on keeping your XJ and atleast building that. even if its just a light duty rig. if not then who else is going to catch all my super obscure quotes and watch diary of a wimpy kid with me. oh and how pumped are you that there coming out with a sequel?

Oh and i hope that was one hell of a quad!

But on a serious note i want to try and keep it as xj looking as possible.

Last edited:
Back