• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

Since you have a 2door (missing b pillar) and you wheel hard id definitely reccomend putting some 2x2 frame outriggers to prevent unibody foldage

thanks BBLRB(Big Bad Lee Roy Brown) we miss you. come ride bitch some time.

and I do plan on doing some kind of frame rig-a-ma-jig. the way the RE long arm system is set up it kinda requires it.

2012-10-27_09-28-52_498.jpg

I believe this belongs to you. Found it along with a lot of other broken glass, and some red paint scraped on the rock lol

so Ive been thinking my plans over and since I want to push my front Axle forward about 5" I figured I might as well do it right and I am going to scrap most if not all of my RE radius arm set up. and build a 3 Link. Iv been looking over a bunch of different builds and I think I like the way Colin went about building his. I want to keep the lower frame side mounts as high as possible. and dont really care about cutting the floor up to get a good position for the upper link.

also while I have my belly pan off I think Im going to clock my atlas up a bit higher so I can make a flat belly pan.

So coming up is

removing shib rock rails and belly pan/radius arm mounts

Strip black shib off frame rails

weld up stiffeners

cut up floor and clock atlas like it should have been the first time.

pretend I'm a cool fab guy and try to build a Xmember that doesn't look like crap.

move axle side coil buckets back

new track bar junk

figure out where/how I'm mounting the ram

Iv got alot more reading to do and some time playing withe the link calc.

Be careful clocking up your t-case.

If you ever want to go with a different set of seats (i.e. suspension seats) in the future, you don't want to cut out much of the transmission tunnel. The seats are wider/bigger overall than factory XJ seats.

My bellypan hangs down about 1-1.5" from the frame rails. It's flat all the way across so it never hangs me up. Some people just make a little dip for the t-case, but to me going flat all the way across is a smoother transmission.

Be careful clocking up your t-case.

If you ever want to go with a different set of seats (i.e. suspension seats) in the future, you don't want to cut out much of the transmission tunnel. The seats are wider/bigger overall than factory XJ seats.

My bellypan hangs down about 1-1.5" from the frame rails. It's flat all the way across so it never hangs me up. Some people just make a little dip for the t-case, but to me going flat all the way across is a smoother transmission.

yea Ill have to look into how much I would have to cut out. I dont really care about fancy seats right now, but may in the future.

Ideally Id like to get my belly pan flush with the frame rails, but I really have to spend some more time under the jeep with a tape measure to see how easily it can be done.

Ive got tomorrow off so I plan on trying to get it up on jack stands and start the disassembley process

Your case and the way its setup should be better then the way my StaK is. I believe yours is a little smaller and not as tall. I was able to clock mine almost flat so it was above the framerails. Looking back, I wouldn't have bothered and woulda been easier to build other things and worked just the same.

Your case and the way its setup should be better then the way my StaK is. I believe yours is a little smaller and not as tall. I was able to clock mine almost flat so it was above the framerails. Looking back, I wouldn't have bothered and woulda been easier to build other things and worked just the same.

I Did some stuff, and while doing that stuff I measured my case and figured its not worth clocking my case up any further

heres where my old belly pan hung down to

100_0753.jpg

100_0755.jpg

and my atlas only hangs down 1.5" at the lowest spot

100_0759.jpg

So I tore all my old junk out and Im left with this, again

100_0781.jpg

I didnt think it would look like that again so soon.

oh and I figured out why my axle was wrapping

100_0789.jpg

100_0786.jpg

and I started cleaning up my frame rails

100_0791.jpg

100_0794.jpg

now I just have to man up and buy a regulator, a tank, and some gas so I can weld that shib up.

oh and I had to cut my prothane up to get it off of my bump tower. Im not too happy about that

100_0774.jpg

100_0773.jpg

other wise I couldn't get the coil off. that thing was jamed on there really fuggin hard

That bushing is beat, no wonder the axle was all over the place.

Have fun cleaning the unibody? That has to be my least favorite thing to do to a Jeep, that shit is nasty.

Just make sure you're done for Memorial day weekend so you can destroy it before NACfest.

yea and that was only the bushings second run.

and Im not a fan of the rail clean up, but I got these disks for the grinder that look like a loosely woven sponge made of rock. it does a pretty quick job of the under coating, paint/primer, without removing any or very little metal.

I'm not going to jinx myself by making any completion date promises. but I cant see why I wouldent have it done by may.

and Im not a fan of the rail clean up, but I got these disks for the grinder that look like a loosely woven sponge made of rock. it does a pretty quick job of the under coating, paint/primer, without removing any or very little metal.

I'm not going to jinx myself by making any completion date promises. but I cant see why I wouldent have it done by may.

Where'd you get those wheels?

I'm sure you'll get it done by then, just buckle down and deal with the cold:shiver:

Back