• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

day three was awesome! only ran one trail but it was the one I had come to nacfest to do.

I did shoot the moon with out too much trouble.

101_0554.jpg

101_0553.jpg

the rest is in this vid

http://youtu.be/g9jOJ9A1qZQ

it was pretty awesome.

then Ross blew a tire and I spent the rest of the day helping him out. who keeps their spare in the parking lot? lol

Didnt geta chance to see you off, Stephan..glad the bugs got worked out eventually...So you and the trailer got home safe i assume?

This jeep kicked some butt and I was soo glad I got to wheel with it :thumbup:

Now it needs more 3-link and vertical seperation!!

oh and I did yellow jacket with no hands or feet

101_0533.jpg

nice man good story hahah didnt realize you got so jacked up....next time your on the yellow jacket run it no hands no feet blindfolded...ask Alterior how that works, but i'll video it haha.....

This jeep kicked some butt and I was soo glad I got to wheel with it :thumbup:

Now it needs more 3-link and vertical seperation!!

thanks. yea that's first on the list along with either studs or conical inserts for my high steer arms.

for those who dont know what were banging on about there needs to be a some distance between the axle side UCA and LCA mount. I put the UCA mount at the same hight as stock thinking that would be enough, not taking in to account that I raised the LCAs from under the tube to behind it. making my Vertical separation probably about 6" at most.

not sure how tall Im going to make it, Im going to do some more reading about it. I think there's a good thread on pirate about it.

after that Is Install the Stiffys I got from Ken. then hydro assist. then 4 link rear, then stuby bumper with some sort of tube to protect my header pannel. Im thinking something like the arb bumper but sunkin into the front of the jeep. I dont want to end up like adam

101_0549.jpg

or ross with an unintentional dove nose.

lol damn who brings spray paint to go wheeling

100_0513.jpg

a guy who hates rust.

I cant believe I thought to bring extra hiems and weld in bungs. 3 of them.

I was looking into it and I think Im going to skip hydro assist and go full hydro. its only a few hundred more and It will make moving my front axle forward easyer when I eventually do that.

played with the link calculator last nite, but I dont think it works for radius arms.

ok so semi boring update.

I bought arp studs for my HS arms. I rewired my E-fan so It doesn't kill my battery. and I have started flushing the mud out of my cooling system.

when this fell out of it, it gave me the feeling its going to take forever to get all the crud out!
2012-08-03_22-17-11_854.jpg

also my 14b leaks alittle around the spot I shaved it. figured that would happen.

and I bought new bolts for my Atlas support ring

2012-08-03_22-38-11_418.jpg

the bottom show how much thread engagement it originally had and the top is one of the new bolts. I think its ridiculous how short the bolts are that roark gave me.

well Im about done with the flush. just have to let the RTV set and fill her up.

while I was waiting I figured id start putting my studs in. when I took off my spring-less HS arms I saw that my washer looked like this.

2012-08-24_20-37-13_660.jpg

2012-08-24_20-37-02_933.jpg

that cant be right. I didn't notice when I installed them, probably because I was in such a rush, but those washers are like tin foil. I think Im going to go get some grade 8s and swap them out.

so..

I changed my Ujoints

30+ years of rust was a b!tch to break so I had to build a quick and dirty 22 ton press

2012-09-21_15-45-01_34.jpg

also installed my ARP studs and cranked them F-in tight!

filled the jeep up with coolant and took it to work, with 4psi in the tires.
no more death wobble and it ran at 210.

Im going to leave it the way it is untill after Rocktober. then its stiffeners and 2x6 rockers.

Back