• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

The flippin guy wont Pm me back!
headerbar_phone.png

well tomorrow Im going to roll the durango on to its roof so I can get to the PS box.

just the PS and the brake master cylinder. then Im good to go.

I dont need the winch for nacfest. Ill just be like you Jordan and bum pulls off other people.

epic fail trying to flip the durango. just couldn't do it. they must have sank it when the ground was very wet and now its mostly dry and its just locked in the dirt.

so Im going to the salvage yard to get one. and put it in tomorrow.

so I did the MC swap today its incredible the difference it made. thanks for the heads up Bill.

after I did the MC I thought Id take it out and see how Bionic Harry flexes. I have to say I was pretty happy.

100_0419.jpg

100_0420.jpg

I think the rear will droop a bit more, but thats all that spot will allow

100_0422.jpg

100_0421.jpg

100_0423.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0426.jpg

Im really happy with the Prothanes! there's alot of whoops at that place for the bike and quads and I used to have to go pretty slow through them because the front would slam around alot. but now I can go a decent speed and It just feels like Im on a boat in some small rolly waves.

and god does no PS suck! I almost flopped it once because the wheel got ripped out of my hands by a rut and drove the jeep up a berm. If I hadn't mashed the brakes as fast as I did I definitely would have put it on its side.

and I want to save that for nac fest!

100_0428.jpg

It JUST fits on the trailer!

Im pumped too Ross! I hope the lack of assist doesn't hinder me too much.

NICE!!

did you make a strike pad for the prothanes? looks like theyre not hitting the bumptower well.

yes I did. its hard to see in those pics but if you go back a few pages I have some pics of them.

here you go

100_0235.jpg

100_0233.jpg

Glad to hear the brakes are better.

Isn't that trailer + Jeep combo going be a bit past the towing capacity of that Funny Fiesta?

I'd add a short piece of 1.25" or 1.5" diameter (whatever size the center of the prothanes are) UHMV inside it. That will give you a positive stop/full bump and help to keep the prothane more vertical and effective.

Didnt i tell you guys I got it with the tow package. When i hit the tow/haul button it turns into a 2012 dodge 3500.

when i test drove the focus, the dealer told me it turns into a freightliner when you hit tow/haul. pretty crazy tech in those new ford compacts.

I'd add a short piece of 1.25" or 1.5" diameter (whatever size the center of the prothanes are) UHMV inside it. That will give you a positive stop/full bump and help to keep the prothane more vertical and effective.

ya.

are you just running one of the upper y links? Dunno i'd i'd trust that little 10mm bolt on one side only - or did you upgrade the joint/bolt?

good man

so I guess I should update this with how it did. Iv been feeling pretty lazy since NACFest.

the trip was awesome and a disaster at the same time.

on the way there I blew a tire on my trailer. dont know where exactly probably about 10 or so miles from the campground.

2012-06-22_08-56-35_873.jpg

so I drove the jeep to RC the first day(thursday)

and 15 min in on the beginning of trail 5 I picked a dumb line to miss a rock with my front diff, and this happened

100_0434.jpg

100_0432.jpg

and tring to get my self out caused this to happen

100_0441.jpg

which was probably because Im an Idiot and only upgraded the axle side UCA joint which let this happen

2012-06-21_13-47-43_707.jpg

so we pulled me out

100_0442.jpg

and I drove 3 hrs to quigly Dshafts to get new conversion ujoints for the front.

got the joint and went back to the campground and proceded to build a new UCA with what i had left of the old one and some spare hiem joints I brought(thank god)

100_0510.jpg

100_0512.jpg

100_0513.jpg

poser pic

100_0514.jpg

then I chipped the cutting edge of my 5/8 drill bit after only drill ing one of the 2 holes I needed.

this is where Ross and Adam come in.

Ross sharpend the bit with my grinder enough to get an outling of how big the hole had to be. then Adam and I proceed to take turns Fileing the hole out from 10mm to 5/8.

it took what felt like an eternity. probably more like an hour. we got it close and Used my impact gun to self tap the 5/8 bolt in. we cut the first couple threads off as they were ruined and cranked that sucker TITE!

adam threw the new U joint in and that was a wrap on day one.

DAY 2:

brought my trailer to get new tires. and got to RC around 10;30.

fastforward to 11:30 and this happened

IMG_0677.jpg

catastrophic over heating, blew a hole in my lower hose

let it cool. rob put some rad hose rescue tape on it and I tried to drive out.
over heated again to the point where it wouldn't stay running. poped the hood and my spark plug boots were beginning to melt. had rich tow me out.

In the parking lot we realized that my Efan wasent kicking on. luckly I had a switch that was still hot from some aux lights I dont have any more so I wired the switch to the fan and bingo bango switched efan. replaced my lower hose, and pulled my t stat. and was ready for sat. oh and it was pouring rain the whole time I was working in the parking lot.

Back