• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

A stock one. I thought i read that it would be enough.

It stops. And if I was guaranteed I would never end up in an emergency braking situation where I would have to stop short I would just live with it. But thats not the case.

So what do I do? Look for one out of a bigger truck?

Last edited:
A stock one. I thought i read that it would be enough.
What do you have for front brake calipers? I know you have the popular GM singles (like half the rest of the world) out back.
I doubt the stock it it is large enough.

If you want try the MC out of a '99 Ram Truck 2500, 5.9L gasser. That MC has a 1 1/4" bore over the stock XJ 1" bore. Grab a 1/4"-28" bolt and extend the pushrod about 5/8" to 11/16". Done.
You can grab the MC for about $45-65 at pretty much any parts store.

Edit: RockAuto has them on clearance for $24.89, Part #M390426

Last edited:
new item on the todolist. I just blew up my steering box. I was doing the west texas mod and I think I over did it. it felt good till I hit full lock pasengerside and it went bang! fluid everywhere!

Looks awesome!!! If you remebered to torque the back valve cover bolts down it should be as tight as a 4.0 can be. party1:

another reason to get PSC!

x2

Send them your box and have them rebuild, I LOVE mine!!! With their box and hydro ram, my stock pump with the West Texas mods did very good. I only started to get a slight whine and really working it hard. But I still have good steering power the whole time.

yea but PSC not gonna help me for nacfest. Im just going to put another box in for now.I also have to go to a junkyard and pull a piston and main fitting out of there PS pumps. I cant get the washer out of mine, and I think thats what causes the pressure to get too high.

ross what size did you drill your main fitting out to? on their site they say
"[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Drill out this fitting a few sizes larger than it was. I drill them 1/16-1/8" larger than is comes stock but this may vary from pump to pump. I recommend that you don't go larger than 5/32.[/FONT]"

that makes me think 5/32 bigger or over than it already is. so I ran a 5/32 bit through it.

I just sold my 44 and 33's so I should be able to afford some hydro for the next trip.

The stock orifice is 1/8"; I drilled mine out to 3/16" and I was really happy with that. I did another one to 1/4" just to find the limit and it turned fast as hell but cavitated the pump really easily.

Drilled mine to 5/32 or 3/16, I forget. I didn't mess with the piston thingy, I stayed with just the fittings mods. It work well enough.

ok so I got a new main fitting and piston thingy. cost me 15$ at my yard. they suck there. but Im keeping my 5/32 MF and using the new stock piston.

you guys dont think it will blow again right. Id hate to get my new durango box in and blow it up right away.

ok so I got a new main fitting and piston thingy. cost me 15$ at my yard. they suck there. but Im keeping my 5/32 MF and using the new stock piston.

you guys dont think it will blow again right. Id hate to get my new durango box in and blow it up right away.

It was more then likely old/word seals that just finally decided to let go.

got the joint. so i have 4x4 now, but the my mechanic didnt tell me the truck my steering box is in it up to its bumper in mud.

I melted the wiring to my winch trying to pull it out. so no power stering yet.

Back