• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

That sucks about getting laid off. Is it just temporary? Or are you now looking for another job?

Looks like you got some stuff done though and got the Jeep back!

Also, as much as I'd love to make fun of Ross, that MIG welder they had BLEW. At least to me it did, as I'm spoiled with my 211.

I should go back to work in a week or so.

and Ross used their stick welder for that. but I really cant complain his held up, mine welds at that time would have been much worse.

Nice to see you got it back, engine running smooth?

I used random rods that were laying around, closed my eyes, and winged it. After the abuse he put it thru the following day, I don't think it'll ever break free.

yea Im pretty sure the only writing on the package was that they were meant for metal.

got both perches and LCA mounts burned in.

would have got more done but i spent 2 hours at the dmv tring to get my trailer registered, only to find out I didnt have the title, the guy i bought it from said that it jersey it didnt need a title. so Idk.

yea It runs great. only thing is the knuckle head put the my old intake manifold on it, when I gave him a 99+.
pretty easy to swap if you feel like it, but that's kinda annoying.

pretty easy to swap if you feel like it, but that's kinda annoying.

Yea im going to do it eventuly but for now the axles are my priority.

With all the junk i bought for the swap I forgot to buy a joint for the UCA. So im stalled out on that. Also Im going to wait to build my track bar mount till after I set up my steering so i can match the angle.

Lol sound is the key word.

I think I have enough money to buy the tube for my steering. So I guess im going to do that today. I WAS also thinking of putting togethe my knuckles and breaks and stuff. I know it will make it heavier but then I can put some tires on it and roll it around.

So it turns out cutting half a circle out of 1/4 with an angle grinder is harder then I thought.

I didnt buy the steering tube cause im an ass and got lazy.

Im waiting for lilnapsak to come buy my 30 from me. Its alittle scary cause once its gone it means theres no turning back.

It really is harder than it seems.

I like to tilt the table on my drill press a few degrees, then put a holesaw with the right diameter in it and drill till it eats away enough in the right spots to use as a guide.

got a bunch more stuff done. Ill get pics up soon.

just need to burn in the UCA/track bar mount and pack bearings and Im pretty much done. oh and buy some DOM and build the steering.

and I go back to work tomorrow.

oh Iv got pics. but its of the mess that lived in my D30! your never going to believe what i was wheeling with!!

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

Last edited:
yea and the guy sent me those pics and a bunch of angry faces!

I refunded him a bunch of monies because I totally had no Idea. and had advertized it as a perfectly functioning axle.

yikes, that blows. That's why I pull the cover on any axle I buy that I intend to run the gears in...

yea and the guy sent me those pics and a bunch of angry faces!

I refunded him a bunch of monies because I totally had no Idea. and had advertized it as a perfectly functioning axle.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!

Honestly, I'm not surprised it looked like that inside .... I mean seriously, you drive like a maniac on speed.

Back