• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

yea he wanted to but i didnt drain the oil, and we were in a hooters parking lot and i didnt want oil all over the bed of my fathers truck.

when i sell my 44 in a few weeks Im definitely pulling the cover first!

heres my UCA/Track bar mount. its not very pretty. In fact I think its hidious. but its going to serve its purpose, so I guess its fine.

2012-04-16_20-44-59_418.jpg

2012-04-16_20-45-24_563.jpg

2012-04-16_20-44-20_608.jpg

2012-04-16_20-44-38_57.jpg

one thing that I didnt like that I did was that I cant remove my lower Trackbar bolt without first removing my UCA. but I had it all put together and didnt want to redesign it.

I think it looks fine. I would add a gusset from the driver's side of the UCA tab down to the tube. Will help with the forces the trackbar sees.

Also, round off the edges of the tabs with a flap disc. Doesn't take long and helps make people think you know what you're doing (seems to work for me :laugh:).

I agree looks good I'd just add some moar metal on it. there's gonna be alot of forces side to side on that mount. I know your driving!

so here are my two Ideas for bracing the tower

1. with a piece of tube that was scrap off my old track bar. I think its 1 1/4 3/16 wall
2012-04-17_11-39-52_926.jpg

2012-04-17_11-40-00_988.jpg

2. with two pieces of .25 plate with a piece of tube conecting them in the center
Kind of like this
2012-04-17_11-41-54_449.jpg

2012-04-17_11-42-02_950.jpg

which one do you guys think will be better?

Either one would be fine.

2 flat plates is kind of overkill. I would think one would be fine, that's all I have. Granted my bracket and the brace are 5/16".

IMAG0518.jpg

ok so I ran into a problem. Im installing my Knuckles, Spindles and Caliper Bracket, and the knuckle gusset kit I used interferes with the bracket. i was thinking of notching the bracket, but i'm a little leery of F-ing with the breaks structurally.

heres a pic of how much i think I need to take out to make it work.

KnuckleCut.jpg

what do you think? I think it will be ok.

ugh school is killing me. I doubt Ill have time this weekend to get anything done. and I have an hour and 15 min commute to and from work now so I dont have too much time after work either.

I hate this its so close to being done.

Ok i need something to keep me entertained when im not on mission. Anything new going on

Ps: Got a set of 60's being shipped to me now. 538's spools hi steer...You will have to stop in when i get home and start my new build.

no not much. I had to wright a 15 page paper on abortion over the weekend, so that took most of my time.:puke::banghead:

heres how it sits now
2012-05-02_16-59-11_990.jpg

thats set at ride height.
If you look really hard you can see a mall in the background.

I got a Crok steering reinforcing kit today in the mail. I was going to make something my self, but I dont want to just do alittle spot Id rather wait till I plate the whole "frame" to weld in some plate.

and Defiantly. I cant wait till you come back so I can have a local jeep buddy to build stuff with. all my other friends around here think my jeep is cool and all, but there really not into this kind of stuff.

Build a frame side mount that kicks it out further and/or make the axle mount more infront of the coil. You could also put the axle mount outside of the coil and tie it into the inner C.

I think I may have figured out a better way.

I took a look and I think I will just have enough room to stick a bracket in here

2012-05-02_18-00-46_802.jpg

and If you look at the frame side bracket I think there will be room to angle the bar more forward. Plus even if its near its max forward angle the axle will spend more time drooped(and moved farther backward in relation to Fframe bracket) then it will compressed(moves forward) pluss the nature of a circle is its round and there for there are no corners to pee in. get it!
2012-05-02_18-00-10_587.jpg

So I got my C-rok brace on. It was a bit of a pain, cause it didnt fit with my bumper brackets

100_0019.jpg

100_0017.jpg

so I ended up cutting it and welding it to my bumper

100_0025.jpg

100_0026.jpg

100_0028.jpg

I dont think the welds came out too bad considering this was the first time Iv ever welded out of position.

I also got to thinking about how Im going to support my Atlas.
I originally wanted to run a tube from rail to rail and attach the ring to that.

100_0029.jpg

but my exhaust is in the way.

100_0041.jpg

I really dont want to cut it all up so I was thinking something like this

Brace_example.jpg

and I would skin between them and maybe even run a third support in the center.

what do you guys think of that? or should I just cut up my exhaust and try to run it some other way?

Back