• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

so I got alittle orb action done.

2012-03-22_11-57-57_559.jpg

2012-03-22_12-56-28_388.jpg

2012-03-22_12-57-26_16.jpg

and here's my housing all striped just got to clean it up, paint it and buy the disk stuff I need.

2012-03-22_12-58-25_904.jpg

I couldn't get the lug nuts off so I took the hubs apart and removed the drum with the wheel. I guess Im either going to cut the studs off or maybe grind the backs of the studs off the drum so I can get the hub out from between them.

Got my Lockright in yesterday afternoon. my hands were way to greasy to take any pics. and I was going to drill out the back of the wheel studs on my 14b drums so I can get the hub off them but my dad took our drill with him to mix spackle so thats going to have to wait.

also I has an A$$ load of parts comming in the next 2 days. Rotors, calipers, ruffstuff brackets, RS 14b simple swap kit, bearings, RS 14b cover, atlas support ring, 1310-1350 joints, new speedo gear, and even though Im not going to use them yet 1350 yokes for my atlas.

It gonna be like Xmas opening all those presents!!!

oh and Im 85% done with my orb of traction. I wish I had a bigger mig welder and some gas, its a pain in the but cleaning the welds everytime before i can lay another.
Just need to throw another piece of rebar in it and close up the last hole.

oh and I still dont have my jeep back :(

so it looks like Im going to be trailering this year to NACfest! Im going to pick up a 10k trailer tomorrow, and my buddy already said I can borrow his truck for a few days.

chances are ill have my jeep back on wed, but who knows.

I have all the parts for my axles. just need the jeep to attach them too, before I start making them heavyer with knuckles hubs and breaks.

also Iv been getting alittle worried about my width. I think Im going to be 83" wide!
69' wms-wms plus 14" tires on 4.5bs wheels. that splits the tire in about half so 7" on each side. so 69+7+7=83.

Im going to do some test fitting and stuff once I get the hubs together and see if stock h1s will fit. and if not if a spacer will work.

I have a feeling Im going to end up with the 83".

how wide are your rigs? maybe 83 isnt as bad as im thinking.

:dunno: mine's 69" wms plus whatever h2s(5.25" BS and 8?" wide) with 12.5 or 13.5 tires are, and it's perfectly fine...

H2s are 5.5" backspacing on an 8" wide rim. I also run 13.5" wide tires.

69" wms + (2.5" of rim sticking out beyond wms + 2.75" of tire sticking out beyond the rim) x 2 sides = 79.5" of width if I'm doing that right.

That's not based on actual measurements, just what they "should" be.

How wide are your rims and tires Rob?

If you have 8" wide rims and 12.5" wide tires, you should be somewhere around 86" wide.

Last edited:
H2s are 5.5" backspacing on an 8" wide rim. I also run 13.5" wide tires.

69" wms + (2.5" of rim sticking out beyond wms + 2.75" of tire sticking out beyond the rim) x 2 sides = 79.5" of width if I'm doing that right.

That's not based on actual measurements, just what they "should" be.

How wide are your rims and tires Rob?

If you have 8" wide rims and 12.5" wide tires, you should be somewhere around 87-88" wide.
mine iz 9 or 9.5, i missed that part, sadly enough i was extremly good at math in school

Edit:just measured its 88" and they iz 9.75 rimz and 12.5 tire

Last edited:
Oh shit. Did you just buy a cummins?

LOL. no its my buddy truck. he said i can borrow it when ever I want. I wish I could afford a truck like that its a 2012 fully loaded. I think it was around 60K. the trailer is mine just picked it up yesterday.
he also has a older 24v I think its a 98ish 3500 dully, that I asked if I could borrow and he said no, I have to take the new one! hes a good friend.

Im pissed I already broke the leg of the trailer. the latch on the hitch was rusty and didnt release even though I pulled it up. so when i tried to crank the trailer up it was lifting the truck and striped the gears. Im going to open it up in the next couple days and see if i can fix it.

Im also going to see if my old nissan Pickup box will fit on the tongue without compromising my turning. Im not sure if its steel or aluminum. if its steel I think Im just going to hack a foot or so out of the center and weld it back together making it narrower.

That'll be the nicest tow rig there!! And you didn't have to pay for it!!!! Awesome.

Now you REALLY have to make sure the Jeep is fully functional by June.

That'll be the nicest tow rig there!! And you didn't have to pay for it!!!! Awesome.

Now you REALLY have to make sure the Jeep is fully functional by June.

yea! It will be close but i think I will make it.

motor is in, hes just buttoning up electricals. so I should be able to get it tomorrow.

next week is spring break, and work is crazy slow, so i might get laid off for a week or so. which sucks, but it will give me alot of time to work on this thing.

so as it stands i need to:

Get the front axle in
get the 14b in
build some kind of xmember to mount my atlas support ring to
brace the crap out of my steering box. probably pate the unibody near the box and try to make a new/stronger inner spacer thing.
Replace my rear glass.
buy rims
and cut up my fenders for clearance as needed.

So I did get laid off. for at least a week. which sucks because now Im broke, I have enough to make my car payment, and keep the minimum amount in my account.

but on the bright side I got quite a bit of stuff done today!

2012-04-09_16-02-36_839.jpg

2012-04-09_16-02-08_220.jpg

2012-04-09_16-39-25_90.jpg

I pulled my D30

It should help me recoup some of the money I spent on building the 60

its so lonely
2012-04-09_16-39-53_759.jpg

Also I found that one of the welds that Ross laid on my LCA mount was just flux! when I chipped it away there was no contact between the tube and mount!

and I got my 60 in place and set at about ride height. I have it set between 4-5 deg castor. and tacked the driver side perch in.

2012-04-09_16-48-52_44.jpg

I had to go buy some more jack stands. It killed me to spend the money, thank god we got a Harbor Freight recently.

by the end of the day tomorrow I should have it properly fastened to the jeep. and hopefully put the outers and breaks together.

So I did get laid off. for at least a week. which sucks because now Im broke, I have enough to make my car payment, and keep the minimum amount in my account.

but on the bright side I got quite a bit of stuff done today!

I pulled my D30

It should help me recoup some of the money I spent on building the 60

its so lonely
Also I found that one of the welds that Ross laid on my LCA mount was just flux! when I chipped it away there was no contact between the tube and mount!

and I got my 60 in place and set at about ride height. I have it set between 4-5 deg castor. and tacked the driver side perch in.

I had to go buy some more jack stands. It killed me to spend the money, thank god we got a Harbor Freight recently.

by the end of the day tomorrow I should have it properly fastened to the jeep. and hopefully put the outers and breaks together.

That sucks about getting laid off. Is it just temporary? Or are you now looking for another job?

Looks like you got some stuff done though and got the Jeep back!

Also, as much as I'd love to make fun of Ross, that MIG welder they had BLEW. At least to me it did, as I'm spoiled with my 211.

Back