• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

Eh thats only 12 bucks less then 4 new ones shipped to my house. In 37" flavor

Edit. I over estimated shipping i can get 37s for 1800$ to my door.

Last edited:
I know where you can get 46s, I picked up 6 of em for $1350 shipped :eyes:

you will have to run 0 psi and switch to 20" rims though

I think I have decided against the creppys. at least for now. Iv done some reading and the IROKS actuly have pretty good reviews. and they come in 37/14/16.5 which will work on the H1s. and at $332 a tire there alot cheaper then the creepys.

plus if i get one of the(if not the) best tires out there that leaves me nowhere to go in the future.

I think I have decided against the creppys. at least for now. Iv done some reading and the IROKS actuly have pretty good reviews. and they come in 37/14/16.5 which will work on the H1s. and at $332 a tire there alot cheaper then the creepys.

plus if i get one of the(if not the) best tires out there that leaves me nowhere to go in the future.

correction. it leaves you EVERYWHERE to go ;)

convince Interco to come out with the 40" LTB for a 16.5 wheel and ill sell you my 38's for dirt cheap

so i dont really have much to update, but one of my classes got canceled and 'Im insanely board so here it goes any way.

I got locked out of my house yesterday so to pass the time i decided to remove the shock mounts on my 14b. the thing was I only had a hammer. so I just beat on it until the metal fatigued and broke free.

and earlier today I bought about 400 bucks of stuff that I'm going to need.
I bought my calipers, lower king pin rebuild kit from rock auto(thanks Colin)
bronze King pin bushings, and a set of 10" prothane coil spring inserts. I know 10" is probably way more than I need, I just wanted to be safe. maybe Ill donate whats left of them to the raffle at NAC-fest.

I still have to buy my wheel and spindle bearings and stuff, but i wanted to take another look at what came out of the axle so I know what i need to buy.

oh and I think it was Ross that told me that the D60 outer knuckle is made of cast steel. I was perusing the 60 bible today and it says the Cs are cast steel and the outer is cast [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]malleable[/FONT] Iron.

so I guess this means I can weld to cast Iron. lol 14b shave here I come.

oh and do you guys think I can have my rotors turned with the hub still on it? or do I have to beat that thing off?

oh and I think it was Ross that told me that the D60 outer knuckle is made of cast steel. I was perusing the 60 bible today and it says the Cs are cast steel and the outer is cast [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]malleable[/FONT] Iron.

so I guess this means I can weld to cast Iron. lol 14b shave here I come.

I dunno if it was me, but the 60 bible isnt totally accurate and out of date for alot of things. Inner C's are supposed to be forged steel and knuckles are a type of cast or forged steel. Malleable cast is different then regular cast iron, its actually nodular iron. Cast/forged steels, along with malleable/nodular iron, are supposed to be weldable without any special precautions (along it doesnt hurt and can help the process). 14b center sections are straight cast iron and need pre/post heat and stuff for welding. It welds a little differently then stuff on the 60 Ive noticed. This is just my own experience and learnings with them though.

I dunno if it was me, but the 60 bible isnt totally accurate and out of date for alot of things. Inner C's are supposed to be forged steel and knuckles are a type of cast or forged steel. Malleable cast is different then regular cast iron, its actually nodular iron. Cast/forged steels, along with malleable/nodular iron, are supposed to be weldable without any special precautions (along it doesnt hurt and can help the process). 14b center sections are straight cast iron and need pre/post heat and stuff for welding. It welds a little differently then stuff on the 60 Ive noticed. This is just my own experience and learnings with them though.

I was kind of jokeing about the 14b welding, ill probably just do the 13bolt covertion. but i did pre and post heat the knuckles just incase.

Back