• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

dont invest in a 16.5" rim. its stupid. get a set of non beadlocks and tires off of pirate for cheap.. plenty of stuff up there now. lots of 38-42" stuff, but idk if you want to go that large.

60 day warranty is up on motor. :lecture:

There is a guy in RI that can give you some pointers on running 38" tires

60 day warranty is up on motor. :lecture:

There is a guy in RI that can give you some pointers on running 38" tires

uhoh! lol

Nothing is stopping you from starting without beadlocks and adding them later.

I'd go for a 17" rim.

thats true. I was worried about welding to my wheels. but i forget that im going to get better at this stuff.

with a 60/14 i'd rock 37s minimum. 38.5s are a cool size for lots of fun and awesome tires. you doing a strech at all?

yea Ill probably have 35s for nacfest. it depends on how much i get back for taxes. as far as stretching my wheel base. im going to adjust my arms farther forward. and since im moving the LCA mount up from under the axle to the side I think i might get an inch and a half out of it. when i get to the rear I might move it back some when i instal the 4link.

why 35s? plan on getting some for really cheaps?

yea I got two for really cheap a few months ago that will go on the 15" rims I have on the 44 in the rear. and im looking for some cheap used ones for the stock 17s that came with my 60 just so i have some rubber under my rig for nacfest.

if I get my 14b in, and If i get 3k+ for my taxes again this year I might just spring for some new tires and wheels at the same time. I just need to find some wheels with alot of back spacing to keep my width reasonable.

yea I guess your right.

the wheels that came with my 60 dont have alot of backspacing. but they dont look stock. Idk Im just going to have to do some more reading and maybe check out some Junk yards.

i found some 37x14.5 creepys for 417$ but there for a 16in wheel. I know colin said I should look for 17s any reason 16 wont work. i think theyd clear my breaks. and if not i could do some caliper grinding.

yea I guess your right.

the wheels that came with my 60 dont have alot of backspacing. but they dont look stock. Idk Im just going to have to do some more reading and maybe check out some Junk yards.

i found some 37x14.5 creepys for 417$ but there for a 16in wheel. I know colin said I should look for 17s any reason 16 wont work. i think theyd clear my breaks. and if not i could do some caliper grinding.

16" steelies with like 4ish" BS will clear the calipers no problem on a ford 60, but if you wanted to run say a 16" wheel off a newish chevy/gmc like the HD wheels for example, I'd guess that you'd have some issues.

proof ;)

2011-03-25_18-09-56_281.jpg

2011-03-25_18-10-10_302.jpg

Back