• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

There's a lot of point to a 1911 in 9mm... Double stack!

G&A did an article a while back on RIA's take on the configuration. It was a tactical package that had a tac rail integrated into the frame. The author makes great note on how heavy it is in the first place, add on a tac light and with 9mm being so light in the recoil dept, he was convinced it was the best nightstand weapon. 19+1, a light and no recoil? I think there's a point to that.

My $.02

"Tactical" and 1911 just don't go together.

To me, the 1911 in .45 is the semi-auto equivalent to the .44 Magnum...... a Clint Eastwood piece...... A war hero too. A back-in-the-day gun.

The 1911's do shoot nice, but they're heavy and clunky. For "tactical" I'll stick with my Sig's and XDM's. For a nightstand weapon...... I prefer my Remington 870 shorty and buckshot.

i agree it was more of an i want that because its as cool as a 44 mag kinda buy
i liked my XD no doubt but i'm going to go to some thing smaller like a p3at for daily carry and its even cooler to own a 1911 and a 92FS/m9 as thats the last hundred years of army GI carry pistols

speaking of 92fs i love my Beretta... never owned another gun that was so buttery smooth in its action. even this Para 1911 isnt as smooth. the Beretta will probably be my daily for a while until i pickup the keltec or get this 1911 where i want it

as for night stand....the mossberg gets that one....

speaking of 92fs i love my Beretta...

The 92fs is an awesome pistol. Have you done a trigger/polish job on it yet? If not, you need to. I did one on my buddy's and it made the buttery action even more buttery-er-er......er. Is that a word?

Heh........ heh heh....... heh....... You "polished" your buddy's "trigger" and got "butter".......... heh heh......

GUNS & AMMO

ze5yryta.jpg
my new toy, traded it for a couple XJ bumpers

Re: GUNS & AMMO

ze5yryta.jpg
my new toy, traded it for a couple XJ bumpers

Niooce!!! Is that a real EOTech reflex? I'd say you got a good deal.

GUNS & AMMO

Yes it's a real eotech, but I had that before, just the gun for the trade, brand new M&P 5.56 though. And really only cost about $250 plus some of my time! I'm happy!

GUNS & AMMO

Now I'm really sad, it got stollen from the back of my car at the range!

Re: GUNS & AMMO

Now I'm really sad, it got stollen from the back of my car at the range!

Those damn thieves. Always thieven and stuff.

Last edited:
so why does Chewbacca wear a bandolier when his weapon uses no bullets? These are the things that keep me up at night...

so why does Chewbacca wear a bandolier when his weapon uses no bullets? These are the things that keep me up at night...

It holds the ammo for his Bowcaster, Chris....Gosh everybody knows that. :eyes:

never seen the... man?... reload...

I am in the market for a beginner ar-15, any recommendations?

My buddy told me I want something that shoots 5.56 and .223 but that is as far as I know besides some name brands. I am on a college kid budget but I am hooked on shooting the .223 now.

I am in wyoming now too so I can buy Pmags and all that fun stuff I couldnt when I lived in colorado.

Any AR chambered 5.56 can shoot either .223 or 5.56, the ones chambered .223 can only shoot .223 ammunition.

5.56 mm = 0.219 inch.
.223 is, of course, .223 inch.
One additional step, .223 inch = 5.664 mm.

You can see where thing might get difficult... IMO, I would not attempt to mix munitions.

Back