• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Google+ Invites

If anybody wants one, post or PM your email.

Does this mean I have to be your friend? JK :D

Google + is still in beta that's why it isn't public. When you accept an invite you should expect errors and should report them to help it pass beta. When it's release public people cry when there's issues and fill the reports with expletives.

One reason it's better is it's ran by Google. Google has a history of doing whatever they set their mind to and doing it really well. I would expect less privacy violations than facebook as well.

One reason it's better is it's ran by Google. Google has a history of keeping a record of all your actions performed under their scope and then selling/giving that information to advertisers, or even just using it for their own ads. They also have a history of mining your personal data and making bad judgment calls with it. Ask the lady who had Google Buzz send her activities and contact info to her psycho ex husband.
Fixed.

tinfoilhat.jpg

Special note to those who have gotten invites from CherBear.

Please share any photographs you find on his Google+ account with Den Leadership.

Thank you

Pft, I have him as a friend on FB, how do you think the first pic got on here! :D

. I would expect less privacy violations than facebook as well.

google pioneered privacy violations, or invasions rather, they make no excuses that they scan your emails "to better serve your interests" with advertisements and crap like that

this is ghey

i'll wait til moar people are on it

It's pretty guarantied to get big, it has the magic G.

google pioneered privacy violations, or invasions rather, they make no excuses that they scan your emails "to better serve your interests" with advertisements and crap like that

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Google, but I'd bet they're going to try harder with plus just to be different than Facebook. Facebook's advertising strategy and malware cess pool are two reasons I'm interested in Plus.

That said I'll still be smart about it. I'm not goign to rush head first and start using +apps (or whatever they call them) and all that, I'll be just as cautious as Facebook.

Right now I just need to decide if I'll use this as my public Social Network profile, (i.e., the one you'll find if you search for me based on receiving a resume). Right now if you search on me you aren't going to see much, Facebook is not something that I allow to mingle with work/potential work.

i never do the "app" thing on facebook.

just its basic functions

i never do the "app" thing on facebook.

just its basic functions

Oh I find their apps quite fun.

I get great pleasure when I find a new Facebook game that someobdy is playing, then I can sit back, hit that little button, and say "don't show me this crap again you POS website!" to yet one more game.

The only problem is that now I only get one every once in awhile, I've got quite a few on my banned list.

You can turn that off ya know... but I see your point. Personally, I am not going to complain, Gmail is by far the best email service IMHO. Ill put up with the invasive adds for it.

Back