• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest, unofficial thread.

Does anyone want to cook for me(and anyone else) sat night? Ill supply you with 20 pounds of premium boar meat(rump). Shredded or pulled would be rad.

Cut that down to about 6 to 7 pounds and I would be willing to cook for 5 or 6 people. I have limited facilities out there but could do BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. Might be slightly experimental since i've never used wild meat for it, but i'm sure it will be delicious.

Does anyone want to cook for me(and anyone else) sat night? Ill supply you with 20 pounds of premium boar meat(rump). Shredded or pulled would be rad.

I'd be willing to smoke it with Cuban Mojo in my electric smoker. I like the electric one because it's faster (1/2 the time) and the heat is consistent. I just don't know if I'll be RVing it, or Van camping? I've been looking for a descent 2000k generator for the van and if I find one before then I'm definitely in!:flame:

Well I'm out.... My son decided he wanted to be born on the 16th of November and since it was 21 years ago in 2 weeks, it's kind of a big deal....

I have a pile of firewood here if anyone wants to come by and get it. There's not too much, enough for 1 night anyway. Mostly 1 x 6 pine and some 2 x 4 & 4 x 4 thrown in.

Someone PLEASE come by and get it, you'd be doing me a favor....

I also have 2 blow up goats (read adult s e x toys) that wanted to go to Goatfest and meet Cracker and or Ben/Sarge....

I so want to come down for this. The only thing I could do is be 'camp bitch' :chef: Saturday night, but the wife won't let me. :rattle:

Be safe kids!!! party1:

I so want to come down for this. The only thing I could do is be 'camp bitch' :chef: Saturday night, but the wife won't let me. :rattle:

Be safe kids!!! party1:

If things change.....we'll locate a seat for you :)

If things change.....we'll locate a seat for you :)
I just had that spinal fusion operation. Three months to heal, and I'm just 3 weeks post surgery. The ol' lady is pretty adamant about the activities I participate in. :nono:

Damn sensible woman!!! :gonnablow

Possible dinner Saturday night, probable campfire.
Can you expand on this sentence a little bit? Is this going to be the main night?

I remember the beginning of Goatfest from way back as being a fund raiser for Panamint Valley. Is it still the same?

Thanks!

Panamint's kind of a lost cause, unfortunately... And we've been avoiding the whole raffle issue because it is a lot of work, especially in this lovely economy.

And with all the new permits & restrictions, this is basically an unorganized accidental meeting of a bunch of people who mostly just happen to have XJs, who spontaneously decide to go run certain trails together Saturday morning.

G&G Auto (Read Richard "Goatman" Gauthier, founder of Goatfest, & friends) will be cooking Saturday night, for, presumably, donations toward the Team NAXJA/Team Petty Cash KOH race rig, but that "presuming" is all me...

G&G Auto (Read Richard "Goatman" Gauthier, founder of Goatfest, & friends) will be cooking Saturday night, for, presumably, donations toward the Team NAXJA/Team Petty Cash KOH race rig, but that "presuming" is all me...
This is what I wanted to know. Maybe Richard can chime in on these presumptions? :chef:

I don't think you should presume the G & G will be cooking on Saturday. I talked to Richard about doing Spiedies again, but I have a very narrow window coming into town on Thursday, and Richard is unable to bring down the grill that I used last year. We decided the logistics of doing all the prep work was going to be very difficult if not impossible.

I'd wait to hear directly from Richard, but I think he has too much going on just prior to Goatfest to be able to put on Saturday's dinner. A potluck may be a potential alternative.

I would still be willing to help, but I don't think I can do the whole Speidies and Spoon Bread thing like last year. But, with some logistical assistance, anything might be possible.

David Bricker / SYR

i have a propane grill i can throw in the van. average 4 burner charbroil with the side burner. not sure if that helps, just let me know.

considering trying to make this, though my stock axle and gears scare me, aswell the lack of on hand replacemant parts.....

Not to mention this would be my maiden "event" outing.

Im on 33x10.50's with a D35 unlocked front and rear stock gears. on the high side im sittin on a fresh 4.5 rubi kit, ZJ tie rod/ends. im kinda not sure if my rigs ready from that aspect or not. Im tottaly 110% ready to camp as far as gear go etc.. Let me know what you guys think.

considering trying to make this, though my stock axle and gears scare me, aswell the lack of on hand replacemant parts.....

Not to mention this would be my maiden "event" outing.

Im on 33x10.50's with a D35 unlocked front and rear stock gears. on the high side im sittin on a fresh 4.5 rubi kit, ZJ tie rod/ends. im kinda not sure if my rigs ready from that aspect or not. Im tottaly 110% ready to camp as far as gear go etc.. Let me know what you guys think.
Come on out, take the easy run, be gentle to your rig, have a good time camping with us. ;)

I ran for 3 years with stock axles and 355 gears on 33's.I just didn't beat the crap out of it, don't take trials that you'll need lockers front and rear an you'll be fine.There is a ton of stuff for you to do out there.JV is a great place

this all sounds awesome! Wouldn't be hitting trails in ol stocky :looser: but seems like a hellva time and its always fun to :eyes:! by scenic, do they mean trails for the poverish unlifted folks?

Last edited:
There is all kinds of cool stuff out there, even for those that aren't built to the hilt.

I believe someone lead a stocker/scenic run last year.

If you want to see what you are missing, you could always try and bribe someone for a seat with a few brews. (at camp of course)

I believe someone lead a stocker/scenic run last year.

Yes, we went to Giant Rock and the Integretron, then we hit up some abandoned mines.

Found a stack of pumpkins on the way back and did some zombie elimination practice with the shotty....

BTW, I might be able to make it for Friday night and part of Saturday.... Just have to put the windows back in and retrieve my testes from the wife's purse....

Will any one else out here be blowing some rounds off. Debating if i should bring the shot gun aswell. I know some one else mentioned rock climbing..... if theres anything to climb, aswell extra gear im 100% down though it would be a first im pretty solid when it comes to that kinda stuff.

Lookin forward to meeting every one hope this pans out fo me.

Back