• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go Sox

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
(n) Booo Indians

Rockies have been sitting around drinking beer for a week plus. They'll think they're in their usual position this time of the year. :D

Boston started out in snow storm a few years back if I recall.

Of cousre snow would be the only thing that will keep the Rockies from getting shelled like Clevend did in the 8th tonight. Gotta have something to keep that thin air in check at Coors stadium. :D

Both teams I rooted for all season are facing off in the world series. As much as I like Boston, Ive always been a Rockies fan since day one, Im going to have to root for the Rockies in this one. Its thier first, they came back to beat the Padres, they spanked the Phillies and shut down Arizona. A great run at the end of the season to come from behind. Though they have had some time off, I dont think it should effect thier performance.

Either way, It would please me if either team won.

Go ROCKIES!!! Their payroll is only $54M...versus the Red Sox $143M. The Rocks only have 1 player making over $5M a year, Soxs have 12. I really hope the Rockies win just due to this fact. It will make teams start re-thinking their strategies, maybe it will change from just hiring the expensive players who essentially do nothing, to hiring a skilled TEAM.

headsup.JPG

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: GO ROCKIES!!!
coorsfield.jpg

IIRC

The Rockies and Sox played (1) 3 game series this season (in Boston no-less) and the Rocks won 2 of 3 games and outscored the Sox 20-5. The Sox are my favorite AL team but the Rockies are my favorite team.I just hope the 8 day layoff doesn't kill their momentum.

Go Rockies!!!!!!

planefixer said:
IIRC

The Rockies and Sox played (1) 3 game series this season (in Boston no-less) and the Rocks won 2 of 3 games and outscored the Sox 20-5. The Sox are my favorite AL team but the Rockies are my favorite team.I just hope the 8 day layoff doesn't kill their momentum.

Go Rockies!!!!!!

You are correct. And the two pitchers they beat were Beckett and Schilling. And that was back before they were really playing their best ball...it was right before they went on an 8-game losing streak.

Go Sox. I could hear the roar of the park from my apartment during the last game. All I had to do when a play was going down was open my door and mute the tv, and you could just hear the roar.

They had to tow all cars off an entire street on my campus, and station cops every block or so. Didn't want a repeat of last time the sox one when someone got hurt and they flipped cars on campus.

Everyone flocked to Fenway after the game was through. I've never seen so many cops in my life, they were on horse back, motorcylces, full riot gear, everything. Everyone was yelling and chanting as they walked there, and cars were all honking. Girls started getting on guys shoulders and flashing the crouds, and I saw 3 girls make out with each other on the shoulders of some guys. Crazy night.

Crappy cell phone pic, but that sea of black is all State police in riot gear. 2 rows on this side of Boylston street, and another 2 rows on the other side.
Fenway.jpg

Well at least the Sox can sell their tickets.

Looks like the Rockies server crashed for the second day in a row!!! :firedevil

Not a good start for the Rocks, looks like they were hanging out in Golden, CO sampling the goods.

Those games at Coors field are going to be interesting if the Sox bats stay this hot.

Spanked

That was the greatest opening to any world series game ever. Beckett struck out the side followed by a lead-off on the second ball tossed over the plate. All kinds of records were set last night on the behalf of both teams...although some more postive than others. The last 3 games the sox have played have ended with points in the double digits, hopefully that doesnt stop soon.

RED SOX NATION
GO SOX!
:cheers:

Rockies got flushed!
sterb048.gif
YIKES!

Hope that doesn't happen again.

Back