• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja original gang?

I thought you were in Connecticut or MA some place further North. I wheeled with you I think Ma-bell or North Adams or somewhere else up North. Good to see you remembering us and still have the XJ.

Good to see you still around too! It’s been quite a while since I wheeled up north, but maybe with my son heading off to college I’ll have some more time for getting out and putting the old girl through her paces. Hope to see you again out there!

#688 and forum in whatever it says in the corner, early 2003.

I still have the engine from Keven’s (SactoXJ/WesternXJ) 1994 I got from him in 2004, and my dad’s 1989 Wagoneer which I said was the only way I’d get back into an actual XJ again.

Usually the buggy just holds down the garage floor but when I take it out, my 10 year old is my little wheeling buddy.

Still here and one of the founding NAXJA members. Helped organize the 1998 Moab run that was attended by a handful of XJ List members, which was the catalyst for the formation of NAXJA.
I was driving an 89 Laredo in 98 and upgraded to a stock 2000 Sport in 2006, which I built and still run today. Helped form the Intermountain Chapter and served as the first President.

Last edited:
Lurker/forum user in 2001. Member #582 since mid 2002.

Last edited:
This is my 23rd year here and I'm wondering who else is still here? I didn't start until I bought my 2k xj and had to go it alone on all my earlier xj's!
Just us no bodies. Life tried to kill me since 2013. It failed. Still have 6 jeeps that need some TLC... Great to some familiar names still here.

Last edited:
Member #176 here.

Bought a 1996 ZJ in 1999, got a 1985 XJ later that year. Took the '85 to Tellico Fest (which became the Cherokee Crawl). In the 25 years since then, I've owned 14 Jeep. Currently have 3 in the driveway - a '22 WKII, an 06 XK, and an 01 XJ - that I rolled in Harlan in 2018 and still wheel. The first Jeep - the 96 ZJ? Drive it until Febraury 23 when a lady T-boned me.

Spent time as a NAXJA National VP, SEC President, and SEC Treasurer. Represented NAXJA at two NAMRC meetings in Las Vegas during SEMA week.

I joined in 2003. I'm 51 and bought my first XJ, a 1990 5-speed, in 1998. I put Rusty's 4.5" coils up front and 3" spring packs with 3" longer shackles in the back. I put an Adance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods driveline in. I did many other things top, but those details aren't necessary. I sold the Keep in 2005. Then in 2016 I bought a 2001 XJ for my oldest son, and my next two kids drove it until 2020.

So, now I'm way old and drive a 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab that is way too big for tight dirt roads. I was toying with getting another XJ for a way to get out more. I have a C4 spinal cord injury from a car accident 10 years ago, but I can walk and even hike. I just look funny doing it. My finger dexterity is kind of trashed, so wrenching isn't as fun as it used to be. But still, I'm interested in an XJ again.

'04, when I turned 18, joined. Tried to join before then, but bi-laws.

Lurker/forum user in 2001. Member #582 since mid 2002.
But my '01 XJ brand spanking new in 2001. I remember my boss asking me why I bought a 4x4. The wife and I bought it with the intention of building a trail rig. He didn't get it. Not surprising.
Spent a year researching lift kits here on the boards. Settled on an RE 4.5" Kit. Still running the adjustable Super Flex control arms from that original purchase. Albeit now on relocated mounts I fabbed after ripping a factory lca mount out of the "frame". Plated all three sides of the frame with 3/16; 1/4 down to where the lca mounts are tied in.

Picked up a super clean (120K miles) '87 LWB, MT MJ in '05. It is my truck. 2400 lbs properly loaded w/o noticing. Load sensing value FTW.

The main takeaway from my research was, "avoid redundant spending!

Last edited:
Since 2003, member 794. And I think a lot of us don't even have an XJ anymore. I had 2 XJs and an MJ. Then went WJ, JK, Chevy, WJ, and now an 05 LJ.

Mmmmmm...LJ

Member #293 but I guess it has lapsed.
Still have my original black 1993 2 door that I bought in 2000 and I still commute to work every day in my red 1993 four door that I bought in 2007.
2002 NAXJA Moab event was awesome, I met so many people there that are still my friends.
Beezil just sold his house in Chicago and became a Barkeater, Grant Barclay/XtreemXJ/well hung African is in South Africa on vacation now, Lincoln is still an asshole, FarmerMatt is retired and no longer a farmer.
CRASH has elevated to the top of his career and gets belittled by the vice president for being a white male, AZRick no longer has an XJ but still has a Jeep and he's wrapping up his career and is ready to sell his business and retire.
SeanP just moved to Auburn and still has a Jeep, PorchPuppy still lives in Ridgecrest and my old XJ is sitting on my trailer rotting there. BC, I still wheel with that ****** ****** but he sold the old red XJ and now drives a $80,000+ JK.
Goatman is still retired and bought a new yellow Ford Bronco. 🏳️‍🌈
Cracker still wheels his Chevy powered buggy, Cal I assume still has a late model XJ.
Philthy Fill still has an oldass XJ street car and his green dumpster buggy, BlondJon has so many Jeeps that he has severe mental issues.
Who's left? I don't know... Erik, the guy from Reno, super rad XJ and a super nice dude. Gordo Smasho, another Reno(sorta) guy, I think he still has an XJ, super rad dude and beautiful family.
My buddy Lou aka S194, last... 20? wheeling trips we've run together. He still has an oldass Renix car and a stupid 2 door JK.
Anyway, nice new forum guys.

Last edited:
Member #293 but I guess it has lapsed.
Still have my original black 1993 2 door that I bought in 2000 and I still commute to work every day in my red 1993 four door that I bought in 2007.
2002 NAXJA Moab event was awesome, I met so many people there that are still my friends.
Beezil just sold his house in Chicago and became a Barkeater, Grant Barclay/XtreemXJ/well hung African is in South Africa on vacation now, Lincoln is still an asshole, FarmerMatt is retired and no longer a farmer.
CRASH has elevated to the top of his career and gets belittled by the vice president for being a white male, AZRick no longer has an XJ but still has a Jeep and he's wrapping up his career and is ready to sell his business and retire.
SeanP just moved to Auburn and still has a Jeep, PorchPuppy still lives in Ridgecrest and my old XJ is sitting on my trailer rotting there. BC, I still wheel with that ****** ****** but he sold the old red XJ and now drives a $80,000+ JK.
Goatman is still retired and bought a new yellow Ford Bronco. 🏳️‍🌈
Cracker still wheels his Chevy powered buggy, Cal I assume still has a late model XJ.
Philthy Fill still has an oldass XJ street car and his green dumpster buggy, BlondJon has so many Jeeps that he has severe mental issues.
Who's left? I don't know... Erik, the guy from Reno, super rad XJ and a super nice dude. Gordo Smasho, another Reno(sorta) guy, I think he still has an XJ, super rad dude and beautiful family.
My buddy Lou aka S194, last... 20? wheeling trips we've run together. He still has an oldass Renix car and a stupid 2 door JK.
Anyway, nice new forum guys.
URF

yeah, but are you still gittin it?

Reactions: Jes
Back