• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front D44 from a 82 "Jeep Station Wagon"?

Jes said:
:explosion

Really with hubs up front to disco on the streets?

Hell I hear of D30s doing ok welded, is a D44 carrier weaker?

ROBERTK said:
Really with hubs up front to disco on the streets?

Hell I hear of D30s doing ok welded, is a D44 carrier weaker?

Good luck trying to steer while in 4WD.
And D30s doing O.K. welded? You gotta be kidding.

well how often is a D30 with a full detroit or even lunch box really unlocked in 4wd? I would think it would be about the same? Well with a auto at least.?

In any case I am hitting a Few pick a parts ect in a few min. IF I find a HP with weld on radius mounts I may pull it. If I dont then when I get home I will start ordering what I need to fix up the D30 and then change out the disco housing I have now (yeah its been converted to one piece) and truss a full formed steel housing and build that up.

Thanks for all the input and such, all....

David Taylor said:
You don't fell this way because you have two for sale do you ?
Yep, thats the way I roll...:twak:

Please...
I am saying that b/c I am trying to make my self feel better for all the money I just spent building mine...duh!

Will the advance fab please stand up, please stand up...
If he wanted a D30 he would have posted in Modified Tech...:flame:

ok so what diff cover? Ruffstuff.com at 95 for a double throw me down BA one? Or just a rockcrusher for like 45?

Since I am staying D30 I just ordered the chromo shafts, not on to teh cover, then the tera knuckle I guess for a better steering geometry. Then just have to raise the TB mount.

And should I really run a super joint or CTM with it being driven liek 60 miles on the freeway to the trail? What about Bob Longs? Or just 760's?

ROBERTK said:
ok so what diff cover? Ruffstuff.com at 95 for a double throw me down BA one? Or just a rockcrusher for like 45?
I have a BTF cover for my 30. I like it, but the lip does catch on a lot of rocks. If I were to do it again, I think I would get a Crane or something similar. The lip of the cover makes the bolts super exposed and they get hit a lot.

Ill sell you a BTF cover cheap:cool:

yeah I think I will go with this one..

d30cover.jpg

these are only like 95$ shipped. At 1/2" flange and 3/8" plate, I think it will be tough enough... :cool:

Sounds like a good time. When?

Kyung

Last edited by a moderator:
Scrappy said:
Rockn' XJ Jamboree in November.

Newbies welcome.

Actually, this is a GREAT venue for someone to learn a lot about what works and doesn't work out in JV in an XJ. Plus the organizer does a good job too ;)

-Avery

I sence ALOT of hostility between some here and the Tin Benders. You know when I got in to jeeping over a decade ago in a TJ there wasnt this type of drama. Its a shame that some here appear to have such issues with other groups that in such a short time have done such great things and in a way more then most, to help keep our land open to the public.

Yeah I know NAXJA has done good things and I am not trying to compare anything here. But daym theres some drama I feel here? And how can you be so hostile? towards a group (A VERY SMALL GROUP) for contribiting such many hours, money, blood sweat and fab work, to help YOU ALL as well as myself the continued enjoyment of out public land, as well as trying to fight to open previously public land.

As far as JV I could Care Fucking less if you think I am doing it the way you would, I am research and sitting back, Once I bought this XJ back around nov I sat and read and researched on what was different and such from the XJ to what I had in a TJ.

Ok well to all you too cool people out there, I think you should be on pirate more then here, unless your trying to bring pirate mentality in to this. And yeah yeah your medators and such. and your gods to some. But sorry I dont see it that way and yes I paid for a memebership here even before I bought my XJ. SO go a head and through your drama out there, since it makes ya feel better about your self..

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

All drama removed to protect RobertK.

CRASH said:
All drama removed to protect RobertK.
Nice. Good move. Now my response to cracker doesn't make a lot of sense.......:laugh3:

Kyung

David Taylor said:
everybody missed Phil's post of the year !

45 more posts to 500. You can do it Dave!

Jes said:
:rolleyes:

The title of this thread should be "SoCal has a new player in the 'Tard Wars!"

Well yeah I am a tard. And sorry I am not involved with your little behind the scenes "sack riding" like someone else put it. So you can call me what ever you like... Just dont plan on my join'n in....

Again, why are those that are unfortunatly, looked up to by some here, so full of them selfs and feel that its a need to brodcast it?

One thing I always liked about Jeep'n was the folk that you find out on the trail. So I can only guess that either you are too hardcore (thats what you will agree to I am sure) or you just never stop to enjoy the other friendly's out on a trail.. And thats a Shame to do that to such a sport/activity/gathering as the Jeeper are known for. Maybe Jeepers mean TJ/YJ/CJ? I know it doesnt but only takes a few rotten apples to ruin the tree's rep...

SO I guess I will just take this as a Learning as to who is who in this thing....

MORE drama removed.

RobertK, have you gotten the information you need? This thread is a pain in the ass, and I'm sick of getting "Report Post" emails. Any more drama and I kill the whole thing.

If you want to start a bitchy, yet sensitive, sack-riding thread, do it in a more appropriate forum.

"Advanced Fabrication and Engineering If you are worried about your project still being called an XJ or MJ, this is the place for you. If you haven't ever had a slag burn or know the smell of burning flesh, tread lightly."

This thread is just dripping with it, I've learned so much.

Back