• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce trail run 7/31 Saturday

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I know we are doing the Fordyce trail 8/14, but was wondering if anyone was up to running it 2 weeks before, to get a little practice in before the official day. :D I know that Brett is going back to MI soon for school and others in the group have been getting their rigs together to the point that they might be able to do a run like this before the official Fordyce/Rubicon/Barrett run 8/14-22. Who can/want do this run? :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: By doing it on this day, we would get to use the trail before the big Sierra Trek caravan goes through the trail and makes it too easy. You know many people in the group are not that hardcore and need to stack rocks so their open diff'd rigs can get through. :D
The Sierra Trek runs from 8/5-8. So who is in the 7/31, maybe 8/1? Possibly camping at the end or along the trail somewhere 7/31 if needed/wanted.
Come on this is the heat of the wheeling season and the Con is kind of crapped out/booked for next few weeks right now.
Troy

BrettM said:
I'll be in so cal

Come on man what are you doing there? I thought you wanted to get some wheeling in before you go back to MI. :laugh3: When are you going back and what weekends are you free between now and then?
Troy

i'm going to a wedding. my truck is also pretty busted up right now from taking it through The Box a couple days ago (I made it :D). I'll probably need until that weekend to get it together. Then I pretty much have 2 weeks until I head back to MI on the 20th. I'm up for mid-week wheeling too.

BrettM said:
i'm going to a wedding. my truck is also pretty busted up right now from taking it through The Box a couple days ago (I made it :D). I'll probably need until that weekend to get it together. Then I pretty much have 2 weeks until I head back to MI on the 20th. I'm up for mid-week wheeling too.

That's cool. What happened to you mj in the Little Sluice? I looked at it for the 1st time and see how and why it is hard. It doesn't look that bad at 1st, but then you get sucked into the crack and your right side door goes against the rock. I saw a Toyota blow out his window right in front of me and his girlfriend was pretty rattled and climbed out of the window to get out of there. This year is especially hard in the Box. Did you say you cannot make the mid August runs either? I cannot do any mid-week wheeling unless it is a holiday. Are you driving something other than your mj back to MI? Where in MI are you at?
Troy

I actually made it through the Box without breaking, just a little extra shine on my driveshaft and rock sliders. I also have some pipe bent up that protects the side of the cab right behind the doors, that got a bit of use too. the problems showed up about a mile back towards Loon, I ripped the rear housing open where my spring perches were welded on (jacking up the shocks in the process), jacked up a front spring hangar, and bent the yokes on a front shaft after a 760x spit a cap. The Box got it's delayed revenge.

I fly back Friday August 20, so I won't make the official 'Con run.

the MJ stays in Cali this year

Jackson, kinda between Ann Arbor and Lansing

BrettM said:
I actually made it through the Box without breaking, just a little extra shine on my driveshaft and rock sliders. I also have some pipe bent up that protects the side of the cab right behind the doors, that got a bit of use too. the problems showed up about a mile back towards Loon, I ripped the rear housing open where my spring perches were welded on (jacking up the shocks in the process), jacked up a front spring hangar, and bent the yokes on a front shaft after a 760x spit a cap. The Box got it's delayed revenge.

I fly back Friday August 20, so I won't make the official 'Con run.

the MJ stays in Cali this year

Jackson, kinda between Ann Arbor and Lansing

That sucks about your jeep. That box is no joke, it is a killer. Are going to be able to make the Fordyce run on 8/14 at least as a farewell before you head back to MI. I know those are some long winters back there. Also I'm interested in your push button shift thingy. Do you have any for sale? I could see the benefit of that mod and like to install you wiring etc this winter.

Is anyone interested in wheeling this day/weekend on Fordyce? It is a great trail and very scenic.

shezapistol said:
anyone up for taking a passenger along for this? would really really really like to come along :)

I'm not sure now if my wife, brother-in-law, friends, etc are coming with me right now. I'm trying to line up the group that came with me on the Con trip a month ago to do this, but I'm not sure, I just threw it out there. I really hope we can get this trip off the ground and at least get a party of 2 or 3 vehicles to do it. I definately believe in a buddy vehicle(s).
Shezapistol, do you have a wheeler at this time?
Troy

Anyone? It would be a good weekend before Sierra Trek. Otherwise see you guys on 8/14. When do you want to meet either this coming Saturday the 31 or 8/14? At 8 a.m. at the parking lot before the trail head? That way people could park there tow rigs if any there.
Troy

seymouj said:
I may be able to go with you, I'll talk to my boss and make sure the weekend is open.

Jason

Did your boss let you take the day off? Can you make it Saturday, please let me know.
Troy

Back