• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2008 ?

jeepboy381 said:
So does anyone know if you can actually camp out near where the trails are at Moab? I think I might rather be out in the wilderness than in the city, I am sure all the spots are taken at SLickrock campground.

Yes, there is wilderness camping in designated camp spots all around Moab.

J

i would think about going if i had my truck done.

i'm going to take my 78 chevy 1ton dually crew cab and upgrade to HD axles, with diesel butt gears, throw in a fuller/eaton 10 speed, and a Detroit 6v53.

that'll be the tow rig to beat all.

should probably get my jeep going first though eh?

just changed axle out from a vaccum controlled to the newer style thats solid,

wouldnt get as good of gas mileage and with the new cam and bigger injectors i wouldnt be surprised if i didnt get passed 10mpg

wingnutooa said:
i'm going to take my 78 chevy 1ton dually crew cab and upgrade to HD axles, with diesel butt gears, throw in a fuller/eaton 10 speed, and a Detroit 6v53.

As funny as it sounds, I know a guy that has a similar setup, he had to do a bunch of custom work to the frame and build custom fenders for the front that match the dually rears but....

the damn thing will pull down a house.
-Ryan

IXNAYXJ said:
If you go through Nevada you're going the really long way, and they sell real alcohol in Utah state run stores, just like Wa.

-----Matt-----

Not entirely true. Take a right turn at Twin Falls, ID and drop into Nevada at Jackpot, follow it south and then hit I-80 eastbound into Utah. Get your cheap liquor in Jackpot and then have some fine Mexican food at Wendover, home of the Bonneville Salt Flats. We went this way home in May '07 and it added a few miles on the return but actually took less time. Certainly some scenery you don't get to see everyday.

So when are most people planning on leaving the pnw to head down? I would be interested in taggin along in a convoy, if there are multiple people headed down at similar times.

John that red megacab is calling my name, took to it to sand lake new years eve/day and after an exciting 40+ hours of riding/freezing/drinking the backseat was just too comfortable on the way back to settle for a quad cab, hopefully my hemi will be traded and either just a tow rig dually reg cab or a mega cab 2500 will be my drive of choice.

I'm not totally sure of when I am leaving yet. My Res at slickrock isnt till the 6th, so I probably wont leave until sunday morning, go 10-12 hours , stop then finish up the rest monday getting in earlyto mid afternoon. Alot deponds on my wifes days off. and/or if I can get my Slickrock Res bumped up to the 5th.
-Ryan

I just got my reservations complete.

We are staying in a 3 bedroom condo with pool, hottub, bbq, 2 car garage, on the edge of the golf course!! :clap:

Reservations 5th - 12th.

Mic"trying to get my jeep done for moab"hael

IXNAYXJ said:
NWC Party at Michaels!!!

:cheers:

Come to think of it, something like that wouldn't be a bad idea.... :shhh:

-----Matt-----

We can pretty much count on you inviting yourself (and usually others) to a party at someone elses house. :D
Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
:roflmao:

Actually, the hot spot this year will be the Slickrock Cabins...I'm #8. You're welcome to swing by some night. ;)

-----Matt-----

oh yeah, almost forgot. we got a whole row of parties :cheers: . we're in # 10......hmmmm wonder what poor bastads gonna be stuck in # 9.

I'm in cabin 13. If it gets to loud after 8 pm I'm coming over to your place and sleeping in the living room Michael:D
-"I really do go to bed at 8" Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'm in cabin 13. If it gets to loud after 8 pm I'm coming over to your place and sleeping in the living room Michael:D
-"I really do go to bed at 8" Ryan

In that case, you can sleep in the kid's room. :D
Do you need night light left on? :roflmao:

Michael
PS. The idea is that the party's will be at slick rock, and I can come and go as I please, independantly of the kids and wife ;)

Back