• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2008 ?

I just calculated out gas cost just to drive there and back from portland. This does not include gas cost for wheelin either.

2000 round trip / 18 MPG = 112 gallons

112 Gallons X 3.50 = $388.88 just in gas for the road!!

I would say another $200-$300 just driving around and wheeling.

That is roughly $600-$700 just in gas.

$700+$250 for cabin or hotel =$950

$950+$200 food+$500 for spare parts & misc "playing it safe" = $1650 + whatever else

Start saving up now!

jeepboy381 said:
I just calculated out gas cost just to drive there and back from portland. This does not include gas cost for wheelin either.

$950+$200 food+$500 for spare parts & misc "playing it safe" = $1650 + whatever else

Start saving up now!
I think I spent $1300, some of which was offset by a passenger. $1000 is a reasonable estimate, and can be adjusted if you bring others with you.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I think I spent $1300, some of which was offset by a passenger. $1000 is a reasonable estimate, and can be adjusted if you bring others with you.

-----Matt-----
Yeah that sounds about right to me. It sucks that much money needs to be spent on gas but if that is what it takes to get to moab I am down.

IXNAYXJ, your Jeep is set up similar to mine, what kind of mileage did you get on the road there and back. I am sure your driving style could have a negative or positive affect on it though. I think you have 4.88's, 34's, and a M/T. I have 4.56's, 33's, and a M/T.

jeepboy381 said:
Yeah that sounds about right to me. It sucks that much money needs to be spent on gas but if that is what it takes to get to moab I am down.

IXNAYXJ, your Jeep is set up similar to mine, what kind of mileage did you get on the road there and back. I am sure your driving style could have a negative or positive affect on it though. I think you have 4.88's, 34's, and a M/T. I have 4.56's, 33's, and a M/T.
I got about 16 mpg, but that was moving at 75+ mph most of the way. There was a lot of WOT up mountain passes in 4th gear. But as you said, that's what it takes.

-----Matt-----

jeepboy381 said:

Start saving up now!

I was looking for available hotels, best western 410 for 10/6-10/12, 600 in gas, 350 beer and food, (are the bars decent in moab:cheers: ) 1350. I don't include the cost of spare parts because the purchase of those is inevitable.

2xtreme said:
It is still too early for any real decisions but I am planning on it.
I have no idea if it will be the whole family, just myself, someone riding with me etc. There are still lots of things to work out and details to happen.
Michael

Well, It looks like I am in with the whole family. I suspect that I will spend a few days doing some "senic" trails with the whole Fam and some others either on my own or with 1 or 2 of the kids who want to do some more "hard Kore" stuff.

Don't have definiete accomodations yet but working on them at the moment.

We should have a good size convoy!!

Michael

Doyle said:
I was looking for available hotels, best western 410 for 10/6-10/12, 600 in gas, 350 beer and food, (are the bars decent in moab:cheers: ) 1350. I don't include the cost of spare parts because the purchase of those is inevitable.

It's Utah, I wouldnt set your hopes to high.

-Alex

90exjay said:
...and there is a liquor store that sells the good stuff.

Sean
How would you know? :roflmao:

hypnotiq.jpg

-----Matt-----

Megawatt said:
:puke:

Canadian Mist, or was it Royal Pi$$, is the way to go. Right Hans?

Royal Pi$$. I am buying a couple of half gallons for New Years. You should come over and enjoy it with me party1: :puke:

jeepboy381 said:

Start saving up now!

i drove from chicago to jasper alberta canada this summer (2200 miles)
it ended up costing me almost exactly 25 cents a mile. ($550.00)
That was for fuel alone on my card - I always get sniped by fiery cheetos or sour cream and cheddar lays and a soda when i fill up ; )

i just posted in the winterfest forum about how upset i am about not being able to go because im moving from chicago to vancouver.
winterfest is only a few hours from here... ; (

but maybe i can save up for the fall fling!
this is a good revelation for me..
..Jeepboy381 i will head down from vancouver and draft behind you, since you are getting 18 mpg ; P

seriously though, i would love to join in on the convoy, eh?

Back