• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2008 ?

IXNAYXJ said:
FWIW, I got 16.5 mpg last year on the drive to Moab...on a worn out 200k old engine, 6.5" of lift, 4.88s and 34's. It's not that bad.

-----Matt-----

I'm hoping the CTD will get about 19-20 mpg. Hehehe.

-Jeremy

IXNAYXJ said:
Good luck. I think John got 11 mpg last trip.

-----Matt-----

I did almost 12mpg, but that's pulling my 25' Enclosed trailer that weighs in at 12k fully loaded. The first year /w car trailer and jeep was like 14 or 15.... but you can do way better if kept @ the speed limit.

J

IXNAYXJ said:
If you go through Nevada you're going the really long way, and they sell real alcohol in Utah state run stores, just like Wa.

-----Matt-----

My road trips always go through Vegas. Wait a second. All of my road trips end up in Vegas. I come back through SLC. When I was there the State stores closed too early. Things have probably changed.

WaXJ_Skier said:
I have reservations for the back of my Jeep now who will let me use the shower in their room?

Two words...or is it three... hotjugz.com - wait, wait - its not what you think! I got one for my dog - its great!

I would LOVE to go but I don't think I'll be able to afford to get fully locked before then. I have the locker and axles for the D-Turdy in the garage but nothing yet for the rear.

OjXj said:
Two words...or is it three... hotjugz.com - wait, wait - its not what you think! I got one for my dog - its great!

I would LOVE to go but I don't think I'll be able to afford to get fully locked before then. I have the locker and axles for the D-Turdy in the garage but nothing yet for the rear.

I cant afford to do 3/4's of the things I am doing between now and then, yet I am still going:viking:

locked or not, Moab has a plethora of things to do, its going to be a great time
-Ryan

Agreed - I could probably be talked into it. I'd at least like for the front ARB to be installed and the gears done. I will be due a good guys vacation. We'll see as the time gets a little closer - although I know now is the time to plan...

OjXj said:
Agreed - I could probably be talked into it. I'd at least like for the front ARB to be installed and the gears done. I will be due a good guys vacation. We'll see as the time gets a little closer - although I know now is the time to plan...

this is shaping up to be the biggest event EVER ! things are filling up fast.

make your reservations soon.

If you guys are getting 11mpg towing with a CTD then I will jsut drive my Jeep forget towing with my new half ton hemi, damn thing only gets 12 around town, only got 17mpg all freeway driving it up on the dealer trade from forest grove.

And there is no way the speed limit is closely maintained in my truck, my jeep however has saved me a ton of money with the lack of speeding tickets.

Should have dropped the extra coin for the 2500 diesel only $100 more a month damn.:anon:

OjXj said:
Dude, just show up. Open rigs have plenty to do in Moab.

Make sure you have a 2Low kit before you go....

-----Matt-----

Doyle said:
If you guys are getting 11mpg towing with a CTD

I got 11-12mpg towing MY trailer. Have you seen my trailer?

Moab2007-141.jpg

A jeep on a car trailer at legal speeds would be WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better. My trailer is WAY heavy and a friggin' brick hauling ass down the highway.

J

out of curiousity why the switch from a ctd to a duramax? I am already looking around trying to my an '08 2500 ctd to hide from customers until next fall/winter when they have $7k in dealer cash on them again

Doyle said:
out of curiousity why the switch from a ctd to a duramax? I am already looking around trying to my an '08 2500 ctd to hide from customers until next fall/winter when they have $7k in dealer cash on them again

Because my next truck I want to be an auto... and the Allison > *. If I could buy a mega-cab, Cummins /w Allison I'd go that route ;)

J

So does anyone know if you can actually camp out near where the trails are at Moab? I think I might rather be out in the wilderness than in the city, I am sure all the spots are taken at SLickrock campground.

Back