• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Donate a drivers door

Heeeyyyyy, I was talking about my CAR... =)

I may be renting a die from a local shop that I can hold on to for a couple of weeks. Thats not commited yet, so if you can, bring your die down and I will call you friday evening or saturday morning with a go or no go.

If I don't see you Saturday, can you leave the door with Robert and I'll pick it up from him mon/tues?

If you're able to get it from Scott & get it to Cal, that's great. If not, I'm planning to meet up with him & Cyndee, and anyone else that's available & interested, Saturday night anyway.

I'm almost amused by the challenge of fitting a Jeep door (which doesn't even fit terribly well into a Jeep) into a '98 Mitsubishi Mirage (think tiny car, decent size trunk). I have stuff in the car to strap it to the roof, if need be, but I think I can get enough of the door into the trunk to twine/bungee/zip tie it in place.

Again, I'll happily pass the torch of carrying the door, but will just as happily carry the door to Mike Finch's in Vista, and voluntell him to get it up to Cal. I have to go by Finch's on my way home from Palm Desert anyway. I'm catsitting for him & will likely crash there rather than driving all the way home then 30 mi back north to work at 6am the following morning.

I have Scott's and Cyndee's numbers if you don't have them, Jeff, and if you want to do the train. Mine is six19 six54 nine758.

Let me know what works best for all involved; it won't significantly modify my plans one way or the other.

Carol

OK, who is getting the door? Jeff i got to go to the doctors friday morning won't be home till late afternoon.I can call you when i get home.Carol jeff has my number and cyndees too.He knows where i live also so what ever we need to do to get this to them .

We'll figure it out. Like I said, it'd be more direct doing Jeff --> Cal, but I'm quite happy to arrange the alternate route.

I have removed all the glass from this door just in case we need to put it on top of carols car. It makes it lighter so it won't dent her car up if we need to mount it on the roof.

There was already so much junk in my trunk it was hard to fit Cal's junk in there even with Scott shoving!!

Back