• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plating Side Moldings/Protection

Diamond Plating Looks Good Or Bad?

• Looks Great

Votes: 193 81.8%
  • Looks Bad! (I would never do it to my rig)

Votes: 43 18.2%

• Total voters
just finished the bling on alices 96 XJ, lower door panels and rear quarters. along with 16" alum rims and MTR's. and the "its a jeep girl thing you would not understand" sticker too

any word on anyone making these things?

Purple said:
any word on anyone making these things?

a few of us do I make alum kits for loer doors and erar quarters and front fender too

picture.JPG

performance metal works makes steel ones that are kinda reverse from mine and wrap over top but not bottom of door

photo_07.jpg

I know thereis one other but cant thinkof it now

I like the black look on your rig, but I'm not liking the bolt heads showing up like that. I'd black those out aswell.

xjnation said:
a few of us do I make alum kits for loer doors and erar quarters and front fender too

picture.JPG

That looks good. It doesn't look like you've bent the panels to match the lower inch or so of the
doors and other sections though (or at least I can't tell with that picture.) I think it has a cleaner look
with the bends because they follow the body.

200506161511_00034.jpg

200506171152_00039.jpg

Last edited:
jdogg4 said:
I like the black look on your rig, but I'm not liking the bolt heads showing up like that. I'd black those out aswell.

I might paint the bold heads black to hide them, but I was also thinking about painting them charcoal grey to match the color of the Jeep emblems that I repainted a while back. I think it would match better than the normal chrome color of the bolt heads. What do you think?

200506201343_00053_2.jpg

Last edited:
XJVenom said:
I might paint the bold heads black to hide them, but I was also thinking about painting them charcoal grey to match the color of the Jeep emblems that I repainted a while back. I think it would match better than the normal chrome color of the bolt heads. What do you think?

Excellent idea! If it doesn't look right afterwards you can always either remove the paint or paint 'em black. BTW, Nice pic!

I'd love to see how this looks on a 97+ XJ...what works for one may not work for another, if I go diamond plating I'm trying to decide whether to do powdercoating/spray can/bling route. The diamond plating mod is AWESOME! can't wait to throw some armor on there...

xjnation said:

picture.JPG

performance metal works makes steel ones that are kinda reverse from mine and wrap over top but not bottom of door

photo_07.jpg

I know thereis one other but cant thinkof it now

who makes the front bumper?

i like it for one exeption i dont like chrome on any rig i think crome should be for a car sittin in the garage not in the mudd. personally, and you might try this too, but im spraying my flares bumpers and side molding w/ rino bed liner to give it kinda a rugged look. but i think i might plate it then spray it! to give me the look i want

xjnation said:
dude its part of teh tuff look, this aint for street type mall crawlin jeep but for those who actually wheel

If this is for someone that actually wheeled the user would have spent the time/money wrenching involved to actually put a little heavier diamond plate on the rocker (under and around to the sides.)

It does look fine, though!

HAPYMUDY said:
If this is for someone that actually wheeled the user would have spent the time/money wrenching involved to actually put a little heavier diamond plate on the rocker (under and around to the sides.)

It does look fine, though!

sledgehammer, jackhammer,lost world, axle alley, terminator,...trust me the 1/4" alum holds up really fine, you have no clue

I used Herculiner bedliner and painted it gloss black....I am making alluminim trim peices to go between the paint and herculiner.
akae0k.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Buy a kit?
Buy the DP...or what?

Thanks looks great, looking to do mine like that

Back