• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Desperate: No start

BlueberryXJGirl said:
Ok next step...
Anyone know how to put the thing in
Coz Im totally stumped
And I have no tools >.<
Well. You're gonna needs a socket set and some loong extensions and maybe a swivel/universal. It's easiest to do it from underneath. Kinda a pain to reach.

Too bad you aren't in socal.

Sorry,
your west coast asian connectoin.....:)

MJR said:
How much is a flight from LA to Richmond these days? :)

Hey, MJR is serious. He's gone all the way to England to fix a member's Jeep. :D

And in SoCal, he's known as The Jeep God.

I believe the roundtrip flight would have to be at your expense....(unfortunately)

I own a '94, and although I too am too far away, I would love to offer help. I also would agree to the CPS. Do you have a Haynes or Chilton's Manual for this? You could PM me and I can call you and talk you through the steps from mine if you don't have one. You sound like you actually can work on your Jeep too. I'll PM you and we'll go from there.

Jeff

Have you asked for help in your local chapter's forum?

corbinafly said:
I believe the roundtrip flight would have to be at your expense....(unfortunately)

Yeah but depending on how much she MAY have to pay a mechanic it may be a wash.

Good luck.:repair: :guitar:

Good luck!!! Don't give up!!! Mine's all torn apart in the driveway right now (again) and I know it gets frustrating. It will get fixed though, just hold in there. I'd drive out to help, but i have the being in California problem... (And the heep is busted!)

Hey lets add more shit on here
Brand new tire
Just went out to take out the trash
Look over
HEY! Tire is flat
Now we know I haven't driven it anywhere
SO WHAT THE #$*&)@)%*)#@!
Im about to just give up
And throw things at it

BlueberryXJGirl said:
Hey lets add more shit on here
Brand new tire
Just went out to take out the trash
Look over
HEY! Tire is flat
Now we know I haven't driven it anywhere
SO WHAT THE #$*&)@)%*)#@!
Im about to just give up
And throw things at it

Whoever installed it must have not cleaned/seated the bead very well, or a valve stem leak.

have you tried to start it in wot (wide open throttle) the ealier xjs and as far as I know all the xjs have a computer override that will clear the computer and allow them to start at WOT.

Press the gas all the way to the floor and turn the key. If it starts and runs then you can bet you have a sensor problem. My 91 did the exact same thing yours is doing. I would start with the throttle position sensor. it is located in the throttle body. It gums up with junk and causes your exact symptoms. Typically it can just be cleaned. There are two small torx bits screws holding it in. it simply slides out. If the end is all black clean it with some mild solvent and reinstall.

The crank shaft sensor could be the culprit but since you can start it i would bet that it is the TPS.

You can test to see if it getting fuel by removing the fuel rail hose and cranking the starter, if it spits fuel then that is not your problem. just because it doesn't start doesn't mean there is no fuel.

Don't start denting the poor thing just yet, you have just had a stoke of bad luck, and we're rounding the corner to help ya. The tire, take it off and back to the shop you got it from and have them repair it again. There shouldn't be a charge for that. I would think valve stem, as a lot of tire shops don't want to replace that, and let me tell you, $200 later, I was furious that this wasn't done. After that, all shops put new ones on whenever they change out my tires for any reason. No more $200 mistakes here. Do you need a copy of the haynes or chiltons pages, or do you even have a repair manual? This can help big time in the maintenance and fix-it categories. Let me know about this, and I can see if I can email it to you. Did you get my PM?

Jeff

I will try what rockhounds44 said
I am definetly getting the tire fixed, that is just messed up >.<
I DO have the chiltons manual
But honestly right now all it does is frusterate me
Because I don't have the tools
So basically all I do is look at the book and say ooook this sucks
So yeah I will do what i can tomorrow T_T
That and Im little so its cold out
And looking at a car in the cold frusterates me even more

there is a shrader valve that you can use to test the fuel pressure also, press the stem and fuel will spit out if it has pressure. there is a cap over it on the fuel rail.

I am the guy that came and checked the fuel pressure on the motor. I also pulled the codes for you. Do you still have my number? My name is Jerry. I may have some time on Monday that I can come by and get the CPS in if it is here. I think I have your number somewhere but it would take me a day or so to find it. Give me a call this w/e and we can try to arrrange some time to get it done.

Jerry

Back