• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Desperate: No start

tjbliley said:
I am the guy that came and checked the fuel pressure on the motor. I also pulled the codes for you. Do you still have my number? My name is Jerry. I may have some time on Monday that I can come by and get the CPS in if it is here. I think I have your number somewhere but it would take me a day or so to find it. Give me a call this w/e and we can try to arrrange some time to get it done.

Jerry

according to ups, the cps i sent out should be there sometime monday. just a heads up...
j.

Sounds good. I will wait for a call. I am only about 6 miles from her. She is a nice girl and does not deserve to be crapped on by the mechanics she has dealt with. I hope this fixes it.

just stumbled across this thread....I'll read it all and get caught up. I'm off now 'till Tuesday, and can lend a wrenching/diagnostic hand if needed. Gimme a call if I can help Jerry.

Jeff

tjbliley said:
I am the guy that came and checked the fuel pressure on the motor. I also pulled the codes for you. Do you still have my number? My name is Jerry. I may have some time on Monday that I can come by and get the CPS in if it is here. I think I have your number somewhere but it would take me a day or so to find it. Give me a call this w/e and we can try to arrrange some time to get it done.

Jerry
any codes?

only throws a CTS code....I'm talking to Jerry right now on the celly.....

Jeff

When mine threw a mysterious CTS code after I put in a new one, I found that the wire harness had chaffed through between the fuel rail and the firewall, nice intermittant electrical problem. Worth checking out if nothing obvious is found :dunno:

Last edited:
i'm hoping it's not something worse than just a cps. i had the new spare just sitting around, and figured at least if it gets replaced it rules out one of the more common xj headaches. we'll see...

Good luck and keep us posted....

CPS is on. Could not duplicate shut-off condition. We could last time. She is going to replace the coolant temp sensor, but it seemed to be doing ok. need to reset codes after temp sensor replacement and then check it. It just might be fixed. Thanks goes out to everyone who has offered help, and for the part. It may just have been the fix.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Let's hope that's it!!

This problem sounds as though when the engine warms up and shifts from open to close loop; there is a loss of 5V to a sensor(s) when the heat creates an OPEN in the 5V sensor circuit. This could be caused by a bad sensor; such as the TPS or MAP.

When MJR asked how much a plane ticket is to VA; he is OFFERING his services...
I have known Mike for going on 8 years; which is why I am responding to his post.
Mike (MJR) is known as The GURU of Jeeps here in Southern California; which is due to this numerous years of Jeep experience.
You should take him up on his offer; you wont be disappointed.
With the amount of money you have spent on parts and misdiagnosed repairs; you could have paid for a roundtrip ticket for Mike and have the problem resolved.... This would be money well spent....

Back