• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Desperate: No start

well right now its in a jeep specialty shop
so we will see what they say
and then ill let everyone know
thank you to everyone that helped
you guys rock
ill keep this as up to date at i can!

jfiscus said:
Crank Positioning Sensor. (CPS)
another vote for the CPS.

I am surprised no one suggested you call the Better Business Bureau in your area to deal with the clowns at Pep boys for MISS-DIAGNOSING your vehicle.. Oh and another vote for CPS...

has the fuel pressure been checked immediately after the engine shuts itself off? It could be gunk in the filter (or on the sock) and the increasing vaccum causes the gunk to block the the fuel passage until it cools and then a lack of vaccum allows the gunk to settle.

OK! so I just called the shop who has had my car for a week and they say they don't know what is wrong with it. Im getting SO stressed out. They said its not cutting off and they've had no problems. Now I know and other people know that its not running right so WTF?!

has anyone tried putting in a cps yet? that sounds like by far the most likely issue. i have a brand new spare cps for that combo somewhere, if you need it for a test part, post up. i can send it to you.

Sounds like you need to take it somewhere else :) A week, and 'mechanics' who spend 10 hours a day at work can't fix it....

DAMN!!!! Someone in her area help her already!!! Please! I'd be willing to drive a couple hours each way to help if I could, but I'm in SoCal...

I had a somewhat similar problem in my 1990 XJ, it died randomly when hot,
the cure was a new ignition relay.

Perhaps this is the one relay that pepboys replaced at a premium price

corbinafly said:
DAMN!!!! Someone in her area help her already!!! Please! I'd be willing to drive a couple hours each way to help if I could, but I'm in SoCal...

X2 :dunno:

I have off all next week.. it's only a 4 hour drive... if you seriously have no other options, I can come take a look for you and help you diagnose wtf is going on.

Hey if she doesnt need ya, you can help work on mine! I'm only two hours west of Richmond :)

Just kidding, but that is a cool thing to do for someone you dont know.

if you have a buggy build in progress you don't sound like you need help I'm about one hour west of Richmond, but she gave up on NAXJA :

well thats no good that she gave up in here. i know from experience that if its a computer related problem its hard to diagnose. it'll tell ya it's this or that but even after replacing those parts, nothing. still doesnt want to work. oh & NEVER EVER go to puke boys (pep boys). as posted in here earlier, anyone that can hold a wrench can get a job there. and for the record, (the women in here), always have a "man" with you when you go to a "garage"/repairshop. most "mechanics" just cant get their heads wrapped around the fact that some women DO know what they are talking about when it comes to their vehicles.

(oh & a Jeep isnt a "car", its a Jeep :) )

Yeah that is too bad that she gave up, I found someone that was close by to her and he went out there to see if he could help her. Oh well, hope she got it figured out.

He RyanM since your so close to my neck of the woods, you ever wheeled at Crozet?

Back