• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom bumper thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One I did:
Picture098.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture100.jpg

opt1177612373f.jpg

rgh1177612437q.jpg

didnt want to ruin my approach angle, winch will go on a multi mount and be able to be used on the front and the back. once the exo is built ill be putting reciever mounts on the sides so ill be able to even roll myself over. also get across a collapsed section of road thats carved out on the side of a hill, as long as theres somthing up hill to attach to of course. ill also be able to easily store the winch inside the jeep/garage away from the weather and thiefs, i plan to build some universal cables that can clamp to the battery so i can use my winch on any vehicle that has a hitch.

opt1177612692w.jpg

i just cut into the back side and rewelded it together to get the shape

viu1177613046u.jpg

Last edited:
88rockxj said:
opt1177612373f.jpg

rgh1177612437q.jpg

didnt want to ruin my approach angle, winch will go on a multi mount and be able to be used on the front and the back. once the exo is built ill be putting reciever mounts on the sides so ill be able to even roll myself over. also get across a collapsed section of road thats carved out on the side of a hill, as long as theres somthing up hill to attach to of course. ill also be able to easily store the winch inside the jeep/garage away from the weather and thiefs, i plan to build some universal cables that can clamp to the battery so i can use my winch on any vehicle that has a hitch.

opt1177612692w.jpg

i just cut into the back side and rewelded it together to get the shape

viu1177613046u.jpg
awesome touch with bending it looks super clean

thanks for the compliment, i wish my camera wasnt such a piece of junk so i could get some better pictures. cant afford a good one but its better then borrowing one lol

Starboard, I still think you did a wicked sick job on your bumper, I still have a few of your pictures saved from your original thread for when I start my bumper.

Begster said:
Starboard, I still think you did a wicked sick job on your bumper, I still have a few of your pictures saved from your original thread for when I start my bumper.

x2! that has got to be the nicest bumper I've seen. it's exactly what I want my front to look like.

mattyj said:
Well, its not exactly a custom bumper, but it is one that isnt seen very often here on the west coast..... i am always getting asked about it.

Great fab work, superior fit & finish, quarter panel protection & an awesome tire carrier that gets your spare up and out of the way. No snagging it on ledges coming down or when climing up something steep.

Their stuff works!

www.c-rok.com

IMG_2505.jpg
little off topic, but what size tires and what height lift is that, looks great!

GlennH said:
u have toyo tires 33x12.5? you sure their not 13.5? :eyes:

YES. I am positive they are 12.5! They dont list them on their website but trust me they make them.

This is my bumper

The mounts are quarter and go through the bumper and there is a layre of 3/16 also where the shackle mounts. The center is peices of 3/16 with braces for when i add a winch.

The outer box tubing is only 8th, but with the gusseting i have yet to bend it. A final pic, because i am proud of my jeep.

Sorry you have to click, they were too big to host the normal way.

Jimbo_1321 said:
x2! that has got to be the nicest bumper I've seen. it's exactly what I want my front to look like.
Thanks guys. Feel free to copy anything you like, and again, let me know if you want any more pictures. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back