• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Hi9 rear , 4.88s, shaved, 35 spline, chromos, 8.8 discs, 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5

I would imagine if someone just wanted the third, they could sell the housing for a nice little chunk, the explorer disc conversion , and the 35 spline shafts as well, or with the housing.

Currie Hi9 rear , 4.88s, shaved, 35 spline, chromos, 8.8 discs, 5 on 4.5 or 5...

My new low pinion third with a 35 spline Grizzly was every bit of $1800, granted it had some upgrades, but its not high pinion like yours either. I seriously considered buying this from you, pitting the Currie in the front and my TrueHi in the back, but it would have to be reconfigured for rear use. Fantastic deal, somebody need to blow their tax refund on this set up.

What has to be "reconfigured"?

Price Drop:

1600$, and I will throw in a used set of Dana 30 4.88s and a used set of HP dana 44 4.88s (ford not JK gears) to get you started on whatever you want to do.

Also for sale:
a brand new, trail spare ford 8.8 pinion flange, for a 1310 U joint, it was my second trail spare flange. never used. brand new.
20$

So to compare this to a 44 build. Try to buy a 44 housing, gears, master install, pay a shop to install gears, put 35 spline shafts and a 35 spline locker and disc brakes for under 1600$ , and still have a smaller R&P.

Last edited:
1500$ and Ill throw in the brand new spare pinion flange as well -only if it doesn't sell first since this axle comes with one already.

Willing to knock off 300$ for a 110v plasma and 150 for a metal cutting table style horizontal band saw.

I am suprised this hasnt gone already
Wish this was for sale a year ago
Is.the flange large or.small pattern? Willing to ship?

At this point I would consider shipping. It's 5 on 5.5 and 5 on 4.5. You mean axle flange? Or pinion flange? I have 2 pinion flanges to go with it.

Not gonna lie the 14 bolt was a weekend impulse sort of thing

Shoot. I'll have to measure it.

Most Things You Do Are. lol

Ya I have to agree. It's either on impulse or it might never get done.

the hi9 is plenty strong for most folks , and I will say the rear DS clearance is freaking sweet. I didn't have a good reason to get rid of it, it was more I didn't have a good reason not to go with a 14bolt and 5.13s, especially now that I've gotten my uncle a stupid heavy wagoneer I will feel better pulling him out of bad spots with a 14 bolt over a HP9" rear.

so ill throw in some used 4.88s (d30 or 44) and a spare DS flange...1500$. its all ready to go. No mods needed. just bolt up and go .

Last edited:
Currie Hi9 rear , 4.88s, shaved, 35 spline, chromos, 8.8 discs, 5 on 4.5 or 5...

Ya I have to agree. It's either on impulse or it might never get done.

the hi9 is plenty strong for most folks , and I will say the rear DS clearance is freaking sweet. I didn't have a good reason to get rid of it, it was more I didn't have a good reason not to go with a 14bolt and 5.13s, especially now that I've gotten my uncle a stupid heavy wagoneer I will feel better pulling him out of bad spots with a 14 bolt over a HP9" rear.

so ill throw in some used 4.88s (d30 or 44) and a spare DS flange...1500$. its all ready to go. No mods needed. just bolt up and go .

Trade for a welded 8 lug 14 bolt with 4.88s and discs? 8 lug wheels negotiable.

Re: Currie Hi9 rear , 4.88s, shaved, 35 spline, chromos, 8.8 discs, 5 on 4.5 or 5...

Most Things You Do Are. lol

Trade for a welded 8 lug 14 bolt with 4.88s and discs? 8 lug wheels negotiable.

Thanks for the offer Phil. If you threw 1000$ cash in top I'd do it if it has dually hubs and it's srw or if it's c and c. I saw that one on clist for 600$ Obo when I was looking.

Souske,

the flange for the DS to pinion is 3.5" diagonally across 2 bolt holes. I think there is a 3.5 and a 4.25 ? something like that.

Back