• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Hi9 rear , 4.88s, shaved, 35 spline, chromos, 8.8 discs, 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I am going to be swapping a 14 bolt.

for sale:

currie hi9, 4.88s, 35 spline detroit, 35 spline chromos. shafts setup for 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5
stock XJ width and stock XJ perches. Raised shock mounts, hang about an 0.75" below the tubes.
10.75" clearance under the pumpkin with 36 irks. shaved. just how you like your 9inches .

I will throw in a 8.8 DS flange for free, brand spanking new, so you can adapt it to your DS.

literally bolt up to your XJ in under 2 hours and have some beef and some gears.

I am going to start out at 1950$ obo. make an offer. these things are like 4k$ out the door from Currie.

Get that rear driveline out of the rocks.

Last edited:
Trade for a spooled, 4.88 14 bolt with rotors and calipers?

WMS on this bad boy?

Going eight lug or do you have five lug 14 bolt hubs?

Trade for a spooled, 4.88 14 bolt with rotors and calipers?

WMS on this bad boy?

Going eight lug or do you have five lug 14 bolt hubs?

Says, stock XJ width and leaf perches, for the rear.

Hey phil,

I am buying a 5.13, C&C hub, SRW with a detroit on saturday(no brakes). I need the cash to re gear the front 44 to 5.13(paying a shop possibly, so at least 600$ after parts…) and to buy perches , U bolts, spring plates, and RS SRW to C&C hub disc brake bracket.

So I went on Jegs tonight and got some blemished 8 on 6.5 white spoke cragar soft 8s for 36$ each so I am going 8 on 6.5 rear and keeping 5 on 5.5 front for now, and carrying a spare front for now.

I honestly need deeper gears anyway so the 5.13s will help a lot.

At this point all thats left is a atlas.

1900$ obo

great axle for 36s and under and/or a light weight rig. its been very good to me for the last so many years. Litterally bolt right up to an XJ, ready to go.

for those of you who don't know, the currie hi9 uses reverse cut 8.8 gears.

Ha, what front D44 outers are you running? I might be interested in buying some parts if it is Ford 5 bolt spindle stuff with 5 on 5.5" pattern.

Hey Bryan, I am selling the rear axle only.
I am not selling any front axle stuff.

Down the road ill consider swapping the front to 8 lug, but all of my 5 on 5.5 stuff is brand spanking new.

I am pretty sure, but you would probably want to call currie and check with them.

So I've seen other currie hi9 thirds in regular old 9" housings so thats a yes.

craigslist ad

Currie hi9 rear axle
bolt right up to your XJ
get your rear Driveshaft out of the rocks!

has 2 bolt patterns, currently set up for 5 on 5.5- so it can also bolt up to a ford, scout, or CJ if you want.
Just have to knock out the studs and press them into the 5 on 4.5 holes.

Shaved housing for clearance
XJ spring perches
Stock XJ shock mounts raised 3" to just below tubes
61" WMS to WMS (same as XJ , YJ,TJ, ZJ)
5 on 4.5 lug pattern (same as XJ , YJ,TJ, ZJ)
4.88s
high pinion
8.8 pinion flange
35 spline Detroit locker
35 spline Currie chromolly shafts
newer bearings and seals
ford 8.8 disc brakes
This bad boy was around 4000$ new
its a bad , bad rear axle for your XJ, or go to Ruffstuff and grab coil buckets and LCA/UCA mounts and put it under your TJ, or throw it under your YJ.
bolt in and go with an XJ though, super beefy, great strength to weight ratio with this rear end

2500$

-Jonathan

925 759 7593

knocking off 550$ for the naxja brethren to 1950$

haha. You could use the third member for the front and use the housing and rear shafts for a rear lp third and just call robert at rwkhaus and he can ship you a 4.88 third with a locker for cheap.

Price Drop
1850$

null_zpsaafbbc98.jpg

to clear up any confusion:

it comes with a 8.8 pinion flange to bolt up your DS.
rotors and shafts are both drilled 5 on 5.5 and 5 on 4.5. its currently at 5 on 5.5.
it has 3" tubes.
calipers and pads are like 1.5 years old at most.
one of the brake lines was cut when we removed it to speed up removal. they are like 8$ a piece at auto zone. Ill try to replace it before the sale.
keep ay questions coming on this thread or PM.

1800$

1700$
I am pretty sure if you called currie or rwkhaus they could even sell you the third member with tax and shipping for 1700$ let alone the rest of the thing.

1700$
I am pretty sure if you called currie or rwkhaus they could even sell you the third member with tax and shipping for 1700$ let alone the rest of the thing.

My new low pinion third with a 35 spline Grizzly was every bit of $1800, granted it had some upgrades, but its not high pinion like yours either. I seriously considered buying this from you, pitting the Currie in the front and my TrueHi in the back, but it would have to be reconfigured for rear use. Fantastic deal, somebody need to blow their tax refund on this set up.

Back