• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner XJ build

I just read every relative post in this thread and wish I had the know how to take my rig to the level this build was at. A damn shame you sold it but I can only imagine what's next.

I suppose I will continue this thread as I progress....

as it sits now-

E8904FC7-3626-427A-B4C9-DFD469624B90-7018-00000A8EACF08969.jpg

D17D211F-CE4C-4454-B66F-C6593C02235E-16146-000016055AD7E89F.jpg

oh snap

Tone, if you ever decide to part with those control arms, let me know.

What are your plans for the xj? Going to continue in the direction Jim was heading, or something else?

Drop brackets came off today, and I started cutting to make room for the RE long arms. Have to mod the RE cross brace to work with the T&J stiffeners. More pics to come

A7D3B3AC-90F5-4B5E-AD09-3930F1C31E83-1882-000001D5F810C753_zpse2c1f6d7.jpg

So what happened to this build? What about those control arms?

These items are SOLD:

• Deaver 5.5" front Coil Springs (Brand New)
  • Deaver Jeepspeed Leafpack (Deaver re-built)
  • Brown Dog Motor Mounts (Brand New)
  • Custom Built adjustable .250 LCA's with 1.25" Heims
  • Custom Built adjustable .250 UCA's with 7/8" Heims
  • Crowe 5 Point Harnesses (Brand New / Expired for racing)
  • Ruff Stuff D30 cover (Brand New)
  • Glassworks Front Fiberglass fenders
  • Rear Spring plate / Shock Mounts (Brand New)

Thanks to Mark (Sidewaysstarion) for coming over and wrenching today! Was great meeting you. Good luck with your build!

Crash, I'll be heading to hemet soon to bring you the Harnesses, and Ryan, see ya tomorrow! :wave1:

I figured it out.

Update:

Jeep is almost finished, just have to tie in cage and do some little things. It is on the other hand drivable and simi legal.

Seats need to be angled up a little more and bars padded, but yes at speeds a helmet will be on.

Also would like to thank Paul, Scott, Aaron and all my other friends who have helped me work on the jeep and also everyone at NAXJA who has helped me with info, parts, and everything else without you guy this wouldn't have been possible!

Back