• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Complaints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the chapter. I guess I don't like it that the folks south of san clemente get ignored. When there's something going on (that isn't wheeling), it's always based at least an hour or two north of me. There's a ton of members in San Diego and N. County SD, East County SD, etc. Maybe not the majority, but at least considering the SO-Cal People a bit more.

rpraterxj said:
I may regret this, but I want to hear your bitches, gripes, and complaints about the chapter and the BOD.

I can't say I have any of the above, especially that I haven't personally met many of the SoCal members and haven't really gone out on any runs. But as someone who has mostly lurked on NAXJA for close to 5 years, I feel that the SoCal Chapter has changed, only based on what I read on these forums. It is only my observation that compared to a few years ago there is more animosity amongst the members and the Chapter seems to have been divided into strong sub-groups. There is more trash talking and BS in the Forums and lots of wasted bandwidth. The quality of content in the SoCal threads is far inferior compared to past. The BOD of yester-years had more active presence, but the active organizing of events by non-BOD members has gone up a lot.

Just my 2 .... Maz

mikedashg said:
About the chapter. I guess I don't like it that the folks south of san clemente get ignored. When there's something going on (that isn't wheeling), it's always based at least an hour or two north of me. There's a ton of members in San Diego and N. County SD, East County SD, etc. Maybe not the majority, but at least considering the SO-Cal People a bit more.

You sniveling little bitch!

Try living out here and see how it feels!

:D

Besides, would you trade SD county for LA or Orange County for anything?
They need to get together more often, it helps them maintain sanity a bit better.

mikedashg said:

Ha! You guys don't get ignored as much as those North of LA County! :guitar: But like I said, I've liked everyone I've met so far...no real complaints.

rpraterxj said:
Good!

There are folks who do not take to mud, some don't take to the deserts, or rocks, or whatever. I do believe that there can be more support for it.

One thing to know - any member can post up about a run or get together. There are a few events each years that does get more attention. All it takes is someone to get it started.

If folks start razzin you about Asuza, JeepSpeed, rocks, or whatever, ignore them. Post the details and get people involved. If you think there should be more chapter invovlement, shoot a PM to the BOD.

Its not that my feelings are/were hurt by it (ex-military we can talk crap with the best). Its not about "telling mom or dad". I would like to see more support for the less hard core runs because they seem to attract everyone from stock to modified. I can tell you people are stoked when someone like Santa shows up and runs Cleghorn or some small run. It's just a nice message to send to people without 2 lockers and 35's that you are willing to come out and "slum" with us. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Jump This said:

They need to get together more often, it helps them maintain sanity a bit better.

Thats for sure Rick. We want to see someone we know every now and then. Too many GD people around here!!!! haha

silverslk said:
Too many GD people around here!!!!

X2

I'm not very good with names to begin with. And there's all these damn north of san clemente newbies I've only seen once or twice. Some of em called me by name at the rock garden, but I can't remember all of ya.

Speaking of which, time to update this one, a bunch of peoples pics don't work anymore, and a bunch of people need to get added:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=945082

Jump This said:

Yer the one who said it wasn't far when I sniveled about driving out to borrego for doors.

I think most of the drama is traceable back to me.

Now I have been dubbed by many as Naxjesus.

People have been fighting wars over Jesus for thousands of years, hell im in one of em right now.

Maybe I need to be crucified?

mikedashg said:

You had to bring San Clemente into it!!! I see you tomorrow, Johnny might not be coming so I will ask him if I can represent the new Costa Mesa Chapter!

FordGuy said:
I would like to see more of our BOD people at the functions, Like you Robert, because you are the pres!! and like to shoot the shit with you as well as everyone else.

I know. I have had issues gettign to functions this year. I will not go to any details as they are personal. I have been making more of an effort lately. Weeknights are much more difficult now since my new job and picking my son up from daycare.

I WAS at the RockGarden in the TJ. My XJ has been in the garage for 2+ months. lack of funds and time, but lots of help and support! I will get some wheeling time very soon!!!! I will not be making Moab after all. Funds will not allow.

My goal at the begining of the year was to wheel once a month. I am about 5 months behind! I got some catching up to do! Asuza, Big Bear, Calico, JV.... all in the next 4 months! At least once or twice for a couple of them!!!

I have a problem with a BOD member....that f'in treasurer of yours sucks. :D

the non-jokingly talking behind ones back is never cool. If anyone has a problem with someone, man up and deal with the person directly...if you cant get it resolved...then thats a different story.

also, its not specific to NAXJA or any particular group but in general...get the details and facts before you spew poo all over the place. dont make assumptions...think for yourselves.

I dont think less of anyone who only likes JeepSpeed, Azuza, or Cleghorn...I like JeepSpeed and would love to be more involved with it but I pick my battles and priorities since I like rockcrawling more and dont have enough time or money to do everything.

I agree with Robert that if you think something should happen, take the initiative and make it happen. If you want the BODs support, let us know. If you think something could be handled in a better fashion, propose a solution. Dont just bitch about it.

I think a few people already said it.. There has been a lot more drama and trash talking more and more over the last few years. I've actually been around since '04. (I deleted all my accounts for some personal reasons and went by a sudo name back then :anon: )

It seems like there used to be more respect for individuals and the group as a whole. Who knows, maybe the threads were more moderated then than they are now. :dunno:

Also, it seems like there more and more tech threads being posted the SoCal forum that should be posted or moved to the other forums. It seems like it's really inconsistent how the SoCal forum is moderated.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back