• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ColoradoFest Report: Awesome!

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well, we've been home for almost a week now, and I'm slowly feeling back to normal, so here goes.......
1. Ouray, CO is one of the most beautiful places in the country, period.
2. The Colorado Chapter rolled out the red carpet for us. They are a great bunch of people, as are the good folks from the Midwest Chapter that also made the run. Good times were had by all and I cant say enough good things about all of them.
3. The trails there are incredible...the scenery, the history, and the occasional sheer terror of running "shelf roads" were an unforgettable experience. The town is also a little slice of heaven, as was the Ouray KOA, run by a nice family that makes some not-to-be-missed BBQ
4. If you have breathing problems, dont walk uphill in CO. My smoker ass could barely manage 100 feet at a time uphill before I REALLY felt it. Slight headache also ensues...all the trails we ran went above 12,000 feet.

I could go on for days about this event, it really was the trip of a lifetime, and worth the 36 hour drive time. We met great people, camped at a great place, and had a great time. More than worth it, we look forward to going again in the future. Join us!

P.S....the NAC Banner is well traveled now!
Rich

100_1369.jpg 100_1295.jpg

Wow, awesome :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad to hear you had a great time!! When did you leave home, how long were you there for the event, etc? It'd be great to make it out to another big NAXJA event someday...

Sounds like a great time. Anymore pictures?

def the most beautiful area i have been to... ever

Rich,
I am so proud of you! :) Glad you had fun! Now you need to get ready for Moab 2013! :)

M

its been a little over a year since sam and i went, i dont think a day goes by that i dont hink about it... i wanna go back.

congrats rich, its a real accomplishment to get the rig there and back!

Thanks, LI! We towed the rig out, so I dunno about an accomplishment, but Im still being called crazy for spending 6 days on the road to camp/wheel for only 5, but to hell with it. I had never been west of PA, so the whole trip was an eye opener for me. I dont think you can fully appreciate how beautiful this country (and a lot of the people in it) really are until you experience it first hand.
We left early on a friday, got into Ouray that sunday midafternoon, although that was with goofing off for an hour in Kansas at the Oz Winery, and taking some more time at the Continental Divide..
Rich

Yeah that first picture is one of the "shelf roads""....and hell yeah they are narrow and scary.

100_1327.jpg 100_1380.jpg

Yeah that first picture is one of the "shelf roads""....and hell yeah they are narrow and scary.

Next time you come out we can show you narrow and scary really is.

Glad you enjoyed Colorado Rich! You need to spend 10 days minimum next time out.

The NAC should do a mass exodus heading to Moab for the Fall Fling in 2013.

Glad you enjoyed Colorado Rich! You need to spend 10 days minimum next time out.

The NAC should do a mass exodus heading to Moab for the Fall Fling in 2013.

We have been thinking alike again,....I bought the trail guide book for Moab while I was out there, and plans are already in motion for just that...hopefully, others in the NAC are thinking about that as well....????Anyone???? HMMM?

Awesome. Glad it was a good trip Rich.
Sweet, thanks for paying my way John! :laugh:

You dont hang with ZJers... :D

We have been thinking alike again,....I bought the trail guide book for Moab while I was out there, and plans are already in motion for just that...hopefully, others in the NAC are thinking about that as well....????Anyone???? HMMM?

Son and i want to head west next month...

I do plan on attending in 2013... knock on wood.

Back