• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Fest

xjnation said:
10????? on what scale.......in AZ that would run about a 4.0 on a 5.0 scale... make sure all the stacked rocks get moved before the trip ok?
I'd better get some popcorn...this is gonna get GOOD... :gag:

Bloose said:
Because without a .... and a good trail partner will to stack rocks there is no way I would make it.

Not to bust your chops, but I think it defeats the purpose of the trail. I consider rock stacking equivilent to winching. I use them only when necessary. Why run the hardest trails around if all the real obsticals are giong to be bypassed? It "may" be possible to run it on 33's, but I would highly discourage it. Be prepared for serious body damage.

-Jon

Kaczman said:
Not to bust your chops, but I think it defeats the purpose of the trail. I consider rock stacking equivilent to winching. I use them only when necessary. Why run the hardest trails around if all the real obsticals are giong to be bypassed? It "may" be possible to run it on 33's, but I would highly discourage it. Be prepared for serious body damage.

-Jon

Yes we did have to stack some rocks last year. Mostly because of the lip of my 8.25 getting caught in some places. I've been on very few trails where some rock stacking wasn't nessesary for most or all people. In reality we had to throw a rock or 2 even for the guy on 35's. Matter of fact I don't ever remember being on a very difficult trail where someone didn't need a few rocks stacked. I don't think there is any shame in using a rock or two when needed. Now If I really had to bring rocks with me, that would be a different story.

I truely think we did a pretty damn good job last year. Because of great spotting and a few well placed rocks I made it through with no damage. More importantly I made it through.

B-loose

Bloose said:
I truely think we did a pretty damn good job last year. Because of great spotting and a few well placed rocks I made it through with no damage. More importantly I made it through.

B-loose

I need to find that pic of Grant I took on the way out..........:pig: I was worn out after totin' Toms big ass video camera around all day. Glad no one was riding with you, I needed the rest............ :laugh3:

Alright, I'm in... Don't know specfic dates yet... Will finalize once a schedule of the trails comes out...

'97 XJ on 33's (Moderate trails - Not Indy or CG)

I'll take a group tent site (Prob. for 2)

Will.

xjnation said:
10????? on what scale.......in AZ that would run about a 4.0 on a 5.0 scale... make sure all the stacked rocks get moved before the trip ok?

The pics on that website are VERY deceiving as they were taken probably a couple/few years ago.Trail has changed over time and is much more difficult than those pics suggest.You have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

planefixer said:
The pics on that website are VERY deceiving as they were taken probably a couple/few years ago.Trail has changed over time and is much more difficult than those pics suggest.You have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

I have run quite a few trails on the ol xj on 33's where I had been told it was not possible.. creative lines and a good spotter willing to take you to the edge make all the difference... IF its in a canyon and not high up I will try about anything to not stack a rock...dont like heights though..LOL

xjnation said:
I have run quite a few trails on the ol xj on 33's where I had been told it was not possible.. creative lines and a good spotter willing to take you to the edge make all the difference... IF its in a canyon and not high up I will try about anything to not stack a rock...dont like heights though..LOL

Not doubting your abilities-just passing along info because the trail has changed(gotten more difficult) over the last couple of years. :)
Heights wont be an issue.I think the new minnimum tire size requirement,especially how the trail is now,is 35" and unless you have 40"+ tires you have to winch out of the exit

planefixer said:
Not doubting your abilities-just passing along info because the trail has changed(gotten more difficult) over the last couple of years. :)
Heights wont be an issue.I think the new minnimum tire size requirement,especially how the trail is now,is 35" and unless you have 40"+ tires you have to winch out of the exit

MMMMM my kinda trail...I love a challenge...maybe Alice will drive and I will spot her.

xjnation said:
MMMMM my kinda trail...I love a challenge...maybe Alice will drive and I will spot her.

we're gonna hold you to that now (don't say you weren't warned)!
you'll need some armor... i know where you can get some good door cladding. ;)

terry

MMIXJ said:
we're gonna hold you to that now (don't say you weren't warned)!
you'll need some armor... i know where you can get some good door cladding. ;)

terry

LOL Gee whre would that be :laugh3: actually the MJ shoudl have a full exo by then and custom tube doors that snap on and off the cage.

Im actually gonna work onthe beast this weekend. I promised a local bunch to lead em on a trail july 2nd so I gotta get her done!

planefixer said:

Ive seemed to notice thats the case with almost all pics of wheelin.

shotstopper said:
Hey,
I live in Fairplay, about 45 min. from Buena Vista. I'm not sure if I can come but would like to. It would just be me and would probably be for only one or two of the days. Would this be okay.
thats cool ... though once you meet us you won't want to leave

till someone buys the dang thing

Back