• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Fest

Everyone is welcome.... Its how we convince you into giving us the money to get your name in red!!!

I am planning on coming up again this year but I have a slight dilemma. See there's an issue I'm having that involves me not owning an XJ any more. I do have a new (to me) Toy to wheel and I should have it done with time to spare if you'll still have me. I am hoping to follow Led up Carnage this time instead of riding shotgun unless after they heard an XJ on 33’s went through it they made it impossible unless your running 42’s or you ban me for going to far to the dark side :gag:

Walter B.

Walter B. said:
I am planning on coming up again this year but I have a slight dilemma. See there's an issue I'm having that involves me not owning an XJ any more. I do have a new (to me) Toy to wheel and I should have it done with time to spare if you'll still have me. I am hoping to follow Led up Carnage this time instead of riding shotgun unless after they heard an XJ on 33’s went through it they made it impossible unless your running 42’s or you ban me for going to far to the dark side :gag:

Walter B.

If anyone choses to make an issue of it, you can be my "guest". Did you give up on the Cherokee buggy?

-Jon

Walter B. said:

Walter B.

I'm hoping we can shag that Cherokee up there on 33's again this year. At least this time I have a winch. Hoping to shave the 8.25 by then too.

B-loose

Bloose said:
I'm hoping we can shag that Cherokee up there on 33's again this year. At least this time I have a winch. Hoping to shave the 8.25 by then too.

B-loose

Bob,
We were up there 3 weeks ago(Led,Kaz and a few other rigs ran it)and it seemed quite a bit worse than last year.I dont think 33s are going to cut it this time. :laugh3:
Jeff

I guess you could say I got burnt out on the buggy project. Once the Cherokee got to the point of trailer only I lost interest (even more so after I traded off the tow rig). Well that and I started selling stuff off to make room for new axles, tires, and steering before I had replacements to go in. I traded what I had left of the Cherokee for the Toy this past weekend.

The Cherokee I bought and wheeled for last years trip sat for three months after I got back. So when another Jeeper offered to buy it off of me for more then I had in it I couldn’t resist.

If I put some MJ decals on do you think anyone would notice it was a Toy :laugh3:

Walter B.

Walter B. said:
I guess you could say I got burnt out on the buggy project. Once the Cherokee got to the point of trailer only I lost interest (even more so after I traded off the tow rig). Well that and I started selling stuff off to make room for new axles, tires, and steering before I had replacements to go in. I traded what I had left of the Cherokee for the Toy this past weekend.

The Cherokee I bought and wheeled for last years trip sat for three months after I got back. So when another Jeeper offered to buy it off of me for more then I had in it I couldn’t resist.

If I put some MJ decals on do you think anyone would notice it was a Toy :laugh3:

Walter B.
Decals won't work,mine is a MJ and people still call it a Toyota :flamemad: I hope its a big toy if you wanty to play on Carnage.Last time I went up I was the little guy on 37s.

Walter B. said:

Walter B.
I'm in the same boat Walter, although not quite as far toward the "dark side". I'm driving a TJ now. No Carnage for me, as I'll be on 31s.
I should've saved my NAXJA sticker...:laugh3:

Walter B. said:

just throw some rectangular headlights in it and call it good! ;)

edit: after all, doesn't led drive a toyota now?
:wave:

planefixer said:
Bob,
We were up there 3 weeks ago(Led,Kaz and a few other rigs ran it)and it seemed quite a bit worse than last year.I dont think 33s are going to cut it this time. :laugh3:
Jeff

Isn't that what people said last time?

I really would like to do it again this year and I definitely will not have 35's so to make up the 1" of clearence I'm planning to shave the 8.25. That and I actually have a winch on my Jeep instead of in my living room this time.

If there is any way to get a Cherokee on 33's up Carnage I'm sure Led is the guy to lead it up there. Think of the bragging rights he will have if he does it again this year. I don't really get bragging rights A) Because without a good spotter (Led in this case) and a good trail partner will to stack rocks (Troy Betka and others) there is no way I would make it. B) When I tell people local to WI that I drove up Carnage Canyon I just get blank stares.

I just love a challenge, which is of course why I do this silly stuff. :sunshine:

B-loose

MMIXJ said:
just throw some rectangular headlights in it and call it good! ;)

edit: after all, doesn't led drive a toyota now?
:wave:
Thats the problem with these damn Yuppies they can't tell a Jeep from a Toyota :twak:

Bloose said:
Isn't that what people said last time?

I really would like to do it again this year and I definitely will not have 35's so to make up the 1" of clearence I'm planning to shave the 8.25. That and I actually have a winch on my Jeep instead of in my living room this time.

If there is any way to get a Cherokee on 33's up Carnage I'm sure Led is the guy to lead it up there. Think of the bragging rights he will have if he does it again this year. I don't really get bragging rights A) Because without a good spotter (Led in this case) and a good trail partner will to stack rocks (Troy Betka and others) there is no way I would make it. B) When I tell people local to WI that I drove up Carnage Canyon I just get blank stares.

I just love a challenge, which is of course why I do this silly stuff. :sunshine:

B-loose
At this rate your gonna want to do Indy 33s also :sure: I don't know if there is enough loose rock we may have to tie a wheel barrel to your jeep for all the rock stacking we will need to do :D

...i'm just going by the rating on 4x4trails.net. i haven't run this trail.
(yet).
:D

all i know is this is one of those "body damage certain" trails supposedly...

troy didn't you destroy a door here?

terry

Back