• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

No I get now. That is funny. I'm sorry. I'm mad and not my normal witty self. Spinal doctor has told me that I should find something other to do than ride bicycles. I been riding/racing bicycles my whole life. Now at 40, I have such horrible pain with a disc in my neck. Staying in that crooked neck position for 16 hours at a time (and now even just short 2 hour rides) just aggravates it to the point where the muscles spasm trying to support it. Too young for surgery. At this rate I'll be 50 and have the mobility of a 70 year old. I'm on pain killers and muscle relaxers until I get in for another Cortisone injection at the disc. It'd be like telling in4aride that he can't ride motos anymore. Or telling Troy that he can't...prance around in a Speedo and flip flops amongst his mountain of Jeep parts. It's just second nature. I have the summer off work and I'm surrounded by bikes. I get texts saying lets go ride. Facebook is full of friends posting bike related pics. I just cleaned the garage and have a pile of bike related shit that I no longer need. I have drawer full of bike shorts and DigJeepsBrochacho is no longer here to reap those fruits. Some of those chamois need to be framed goddamnit. What the hell am I gonna do with my time? Cocaine?

Its a Subaru, of course it needs headgaskets. Thats part of the 5,000 mile oil change service on those boxer engines.

Shut up!! :D

Troy I would like to apologize. It wasn't me talking when the quips and whiticisms ensued about you and flip flops and Speedos. I'm just bitter right now.

No I get now. That is funny. I'm sorry. I'm mad and not my normal witty self. Spinal doctor has told me that I should find something other to do than ride bicycles. I been riding/racing bicycles my whole life. Now at 40, I have such horrible pain with a disc in my neck. Staying in that crooked neck position for 16 hours at a time (and now even just short 2 hour rides) just aggravates it to the point where the muscles spasm trying to support it. Too young for surgery. At this rate I'll be 50 and have the mobility of a 70 year old. I'm on pain killers and muscle relaxers until I get in for another Cortisone injection at the disc. It'd be like telling in4aride that he can't ride motos anymore. Or telling Troy that he can't...prance around in a Speedo and flip flops amongst his mountain of Jeep parts. It's just second nature. I have the summer off work and I'm surrounded by bikes. I get texts saying lets go ride. Facebook is full of friends posting bike related pics. I just cleaned the garage and have a pile of bike related shit that I no longer need. I have drawer full of bike shorts and DigJeepsBrochacho is no longer here to reap those fruits. Some of those chamois need to be framed goddamnit. What the hell am I gonna do with my time? Cocaine?

Have you ever tried acupuncture? I used to think acupuncture was voodoo and snake oil and then my wife started managing a health clinic up in Lone Tree and it's amazing! I've had shoulder and back surgery and was on 2 Percocets a day until I tried it. I started off doing it twice a week, then once a week; now I'm down to once a month and I literally have no pain.

I also called my health insurance carrier and requested them to help contribute towards a new tempurpedic mattress with a script from my doctor. Anthem paid 50%.

Trust me I've been there. You don't have to live with pain. I'm sure my wife could hook you up with a few free treatments if you can make it up North.

Jim

First they had me see a chiroproctor (I know what I did there). Saw him 2x a week for 2 months and it made things worse. Then I went to PT for the same duration with no change. Then got an injection and that helped 90%. I actually did look into acupuncture but my insurance didn't cover it and I was so tapped from all the copays for the others that I couldn't think of doing it out of pocket.

And Jim...I don't have Speedos!!!! They are spandex shorts with special padding. I think Old Man wants them since Brah is MIA. I'm trying to keep things in perspective. We're talking about bicycle riding. My sister in-law is losing her sight so things could be worse. I don't want to sound selfish.

Can you switch over to mountain bikes or something with a more upright riding position? Like a beach cruiser?

Several years ago I had a road bike but had not been able to ride it for a while. I now just have mountain bikes and the position on all of them is drastically upright. It's not a fit issue it's just that I spend so much time with my neck in that position ya know? I really need to find something that has my neck in the opposite position which would be like slightly looking down. I keep looking for a job as a blow job inspector but I'm not seeing much yet.

I mean no offense to anyone that rides a recumbent but I would not be caught dead on one.

After his second major wreck in 2 years my dad has a recumbent trike now. Actually pretty nice, but only on the flat. Brings the suck on hills. I'd rock it if I lived in Kansas.

Its a Subaru, of course it needs headgaskets. Thats part of the 5,000 mile oil change service on those boxer engines.
Use the STI MLS gaskets and supposedly the problem goes away.

You just end up with rod knock instead :looney:

(from what I hear from all my subaru owning friends, the curse of the subaru is the EJ25 series. Head gaskets and rod bearings. The other curse is the turbo ones, any subie with a turbo should have the oil screens removed from the banjo bolts feeding the turbos before they get eaten up from oiling loss. If the turbo gets eaten, generally the engine follows a few thousand miles later from ingested metal.)

A late birthday card I just got

20130608_223253_zps1204e06b.jpg

20130608_223306_zps3487cd0f.jpg

I just found out my lovely wife booked me a full day on the flats chasing Tarpn on the fly real soon. :party:

Burn that card.

It is going to be my first target when I break the new M&P in.

I have a 12ga dragon's breath round that I'd let you have. It'd serve both purposes. :)

Back