• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Had bought a big dewalt grinder for reliability and a cheaper ryobi last October ...well the Deawalt did not fail from mechanical but inside the base if the power cord going into the unit the wires broke resulting in a small fire as the arced and burnt though the rubber cover...fixable most likely , but that is HF quality right there and at $250 ...next I wanted to finish cutting the boatside skins and only had about a foot to cut so I put a 5 inch wheel on the 7.5 amp Ryobi and it shut the bed 5 inches in...so I had to pull out two tools I should not have needed the HF 4.5 and the super bulky 9 inch angle grinder...I think I'll stick with cheap Chinese grinders with endless warranty after the death of Ryobi and Dewalt today.

On a side note the sides are almost done I'm not sure what to tackle next tube work and more frame plate and tie ...drive shafts...or the hyrdo steering and the misc work on my 60...I keep putting a out 20hrs into this thing every weekend even when it rains working outside...hope to wheel it before winter...especially now that it is doorless.

Yeah, like these:

58067d1132024706-4-brand-new-wheel-b-s-17-x7-500-obo-bolt-pattern-universal-5x100-5x114-3-dsc00965.jpg

But I've never seen them where the lug nut recesses are cut into the next one like that. They just seem too dangerous and look like ass.
You should see the wheels that have three bolt patterns on them :gag:

All I can think of is the State Farm commercial ..."Well she sounds hideous"...in regards to the comments on the looks of the wheels.

I was curious how strong my tube doors and hinges are at this point as they still have some braces I need to burn in...So I put the jack under the door and jacked it up until both driver side tires were off the trailer ...lol...seems strong enough ...next need to brace the back doors so it can take a rock during a roll and stay out of my lap.

The Colorado BS thread

Look what followed me home.

c24392926b0fb9d3e959d7c345fb6d8e.jpg

Sold the Patriot for 7k. Bought this for 4,700.

160k. Owners had it since 18k miles. Stack of paperwork with it.

So much better than a patriot, even if it is 10 years older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what followed me home.

c24392926b0fb9d3e959d7c345fb6d8e.jpg

Sold the Patriot for 7k. Bought this for 4,700.

160k. Owners had it since 18k miles. Stack of paperwork with it.

So much better than a patriot, even if it is 10 years older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defector.

There is a place in Fort Collins where I have gotten several windshields over the years. I think the last one was around $130 installed and out the door.

I think it was called Anders Glass.

Anders glass sponsors my rally cars up here in Cheyenne. They have the location Tom is talking about too. Fast and easy every time, cheap too.

Thanks guys great price for sure. Just started poking around and 200 with a seal and install is best I am seeing in Denver so far. I'd make the trip up for $70 off. Left them a message to confirm rate.

I've used Anders before as well.

They always have "coupons" around for their business.

Essentially it's $99 for windshield, plus whatever you deem to tip the guys.

the base windshield doesn't have any of the tint at the top, but that can be had for just a little more.

When I did it, I was at ~$130 out the door after ~$110 in windshield, and a $20 tip.

I cracked my windshield from inside by hardly hitting it with weather stripping...going to 're do my windshield with marguard and make it bolt on...going to put that in the doors as well .

So. Drove the jeep today.

I got another 8 weeks of weekends on this b4 it hits a trail...still needs full hyrdo installed all the new parts into the 60 ...gas tank moved...and drive shafts made .I got all parts but drive shafts I need to get Two ford 1350 cv yoke cardans to build ..
Drive shaft shop wants $500 for basic shafts which are nothing more than thin wall shafts with spicer yokes ground out for more angle ...these can be built for $200 for both and that includes all new joints ...I would love to hand a shop $1000 for trail shafts and save time but I can use that money elsewhere ...I'm super curious to see how it climbs a ledge at 118 WB and how it squeezes between stuff with the missing middle ...also can't wait to see what real low range feels like .

Back